WnSoft Forums

How do I easily make a pan - zoom slideshow?

Bill Artman

I am using PTE 5.5 Deluxe and I am a professional photographer. I use PTE to make slide shows to begin an appointment to show my clients their portrait images so they can choose their poses and order their portraits.

I have been using Tom's Random Slide Show Generator version .1. I am unable to get version .4 or .5 to work. Tom's application works very well but many of the photographs have the person's head cut off when the panning and zooming occurs.

I create many slide shows per week and I wish there was a better way to automate the creation of a pan and zoom slide show where the peoples heads wouldn't be cut off when the slide show runs.

Does anyone have any thoughts and ideas?

Thanks!

Bill,

You might need to explain what you want to achieve in the slide shows?

For instance, do you want to start with a full frame and zoom into the sitter's face? That would involve a certain amount of both Pan and Zoom. I would suggest that no PZR effects would be better for you.

I don't think that an automated or randomly generated show is going to give you what you want.

Take a look at Lin and Jeff's tutorial and maybe that would help you get started?

DaveG.

Bill,

You might need to explain what you want to achieve in the slide shows?

For instance, do you want to start with a full frame and zoom into the sitter's face? That would involve a certain amount of both Pan and Zoom. I would suggest that no PZR effects would be better for you.

I don't think that an automated or randomly generated show is going to give you what you want.

Take a look at Lin and Jeff's tutorial and maybe that would help you get started?

DaveG.

Ken - thanks for your information - I have already looked at the tutorials!

Davegee -

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you that for my application where I am photographing people full length, head and shoulders and close up that the pan and zoom may not be the best for me unless I tweak and adjust each image (typically about 60 per portrait session).

The pan and zoom in the slideshow really makes a nice presentation though. Have a great week!