WnSoft Forums

The King of Rome, A true story about a racing Pigeon.

centreofengland

The King of Rome, Famous racing Pigeon from 1913.

Download The King of Rome slideshow here (15Mb)

I was asked a few months ago by the local museum if I would create a slideshow/video to help promote one of their exhibits that’s been in storage for some time. The Museum often receive phone calls from people in America asking for more information on the famous bird, so the idea is that this presentation will help promote the story of the bird, the music and also a Childrens book that is about to be published.

The Museum will soon be expanded to make room for exhibits such as this so the plan is to have the slideshow running along side the exhibit. (I could use the DVD burn option in PTE to make a DVD for this!).

Normally I create a slideshow and then try and find suitable music to suit it.

This particular project was the other way around, I was given the song and had to come up with suitable images to tell the story. I found this a really exciting challenge. Its quite a challenge trying to select suitable images that flow and work with the lyrics.

The song I have used for this slideshow was written and performed by local folk singer Dave Sudbury, His song “The King of Rome” was used in the 1997 Ken Russell film 'In Search of the English Folk Song' sung by June Tabor.

The show is around 4 min 26 sec (6 mins with the credits).

For more information about the Pigeon and the owner :

The King of Rome web feature.

If you liked the music and want to buy a CD :

Dave Sudburys CD.

Obviously this show is not about "high quality photography", its about telling a story. Some of the images used are over 80 years old where as others have been made to look old. I have used colour where relavent to try and lift the emotion of the song at the right point.

I also created a version for YouTube and a high definition version (1280x720 pixels) on Vimeo. Both created using the Create AVI video mode in PTE. If you have a slow PC then then you may find the transitions in the video versions to be smoother.

The King of Rome - Youtube video version

Hi-Def version (click play button then click again to pause and wait for it to buffer before hitting play again. Click the fullscreen icon in the bottom right of the video):

The King of Rome - vimeo video version

I do hope you enjoy my little show and the inspirational story that it tells along the way.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Please leave comments if you enjoyed the show.

Cheers

Andy

I was asked a few months ago by the local museum if I would create a slideshow/video to help promote one of their exhibits that’s been in storage for some time. The Museum often receive phone calls from people in America asking for more information on the famous bird, so the idea is that this presentation will help promote the story of the bird, the music and also a Childrens book that is about to be published.

The Museum will soon be expanded to make room for exhibits such as this so the plan is to have the slideshow running along side the exhibit. (I could use the DVD burn option in PTE to make a DVD for this!).

This particular project was the other way around, I was given the song and had to come up with suitable images to tell the story. I found this a really exciting challenge. Its quite a challenge trying to select suitable images that flow and work with the lyrics.

The song I have used for this slideshow was written and performed by local folk singer Dave Sudbury, His song “The King of Rome” was used in the 1997 Ken Russell film 'In Search of the English Folk Song' sung by June Tabor.

Dave Sudburys CD.

Obviously this show is not about "high quality photography", its about telling a story. Some of the images used are over 80 years old where as others have been made to look old. I have used colour where relavent to try and lift the emotion of the song at the right point.

I also created a version for YouTube and a high definition version (1280x720 pixels) on Vimeo. Both created using the Create AVI video mode in PTE. If you have a slow PC then then you may find the transitions in the video versions to be smoother.

Hi-Def version (click play button then click again to pause and wait for it to buffer before hitting play again. Click the fullscreen icon in the bottom right of the video):

I do hope you enjoy my little show and the inspirational story that it tells along the way.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Absolutely great. I like sequences which tell a story and this is very well done with the song telling it all.

Well done

All the best

TonyC

Hi Andy,

Most excellent! Perfect use of images to complement the song and historical facts!

Best regards,

Lin

I was asked a few months ago by the local museum if I would create a slideshow/video to help promote one of their exhibits that's been in storage for some time. The Museum often receive phone calls from people in America asking for more information on the famous bird, so the idea is that this presentation will help promote the story of the bird, the music and also a Childrens book that is about to be published.

The song I have used for this slideshow was written and performed by local folk singer Dave Sudbury, His song "The King of Rome" was used in the 1997 Ken Russell film 'In Search of the English Folk Song' sung by June Tabor.

Dave Sudburys CD.

Cheers

Andy