WnSoft Forums

Hold time AND transition points

kgoreilly

Hi,

I understand how to fix the time points for a show, but what I really need is to be able to fix both the time position of the slide, AND the transition for that point.

When you move around the slides, they carry their customised transition with them (or the default is used if not customised). My time points are usually chosen for a particular point in the music, but that point also requires a particular 'held' transition because of the nature of the music at that point. I would like to be able to set that fixed transition, and then try out different slides in that position without having to worry about customising the transition for the new slide I put in there.

Is there a way of doing this?

KOR1,

Replace your slides by selecting the slide at the position where you want to experiment; then go into the O&A window properties tab and browse to locate your "trial" slide and open it. This replaces the image file but retains all attributes: duration, transition type and duration, animation of all objects associated with the main image.

regards,

Peter

As Peter rightly says - this is one way to do it.

I prefer to click on the image file reference at the top right of the main window (above the preview image & next to the 'add sound' button) to select an alternative image to look at with the same attributes as before. You can then always ctrl-z to restore the original image.

Works for me!

DEN (NE UK)

Thanks for your replies.

I usually simply drag photos back and forth along the timeline (in slide view). I think your suggestions involve me replacing the slide from my folder of slides. I usually have a large number in that folder, but only the potentially interesting ones in the timeline.

This approach is easiest for me because I usually start with ALL the photos in the timeline, and start removing ones that don't seem to work well. I think, especially when you work with music, it would surely make sense to be able to hold both the time point and the transition effect. Maybe that's something for a later version.

Thanks again.

Kevin