WnSoft Forums

Timeline dragging slides into timed position

Johnwnjr

In making two or three sequences recently I reach a certain stage where I have the slides spaced out to roughly fit a piece of music and commentary. I then with the timeline and waveform in view run the sequence with these in view and fit the slides exactly to the commentary and music. In doing this it is necessary to pause the run through and drag and drop the slides into the required place. Sometimes I find that the section in view jumps a considerable distance, even to the extent of moving the slide that I am working on way out of order. It then has to be brought back and replaced and I continue on my way. I find this rather annoying that what should be a simple matter of placing a slide in position causes this hassle. Does this happen to others, or am I doing something the wrong way? I have to add that it doesn't always happen, more usually towards the end of the sequence. I sometimes start at the end and work backwards to try and sort the last slides into the correct positions.

John

There was a similar problem in one of the Beta versions of v5.5 which was rectified by the time the final release was made so if you are not using the latest version I suggest you download it and give it a try.

Also try using Don't Use Auto-Scrolling found under View>Timeline Options and see if this helps.

With Auto-Scroll Style 2 selected then if you select an image close to the right end of the timeline PTE will automatically reposition the image to the centre of the timeline display but in my experience the relationship to other images is kept.

With Auto-Scroll Style 1 selected the image will reposition to the far left of the timeline display.

With Don't Use Auto-Scrolling selected the image will not reposition but remain where it is.