WnSoft Forums

Volume control in Video Builder

After I have created DVD's in Video Builder, the volume at playback is roughly double what everything else plays back - so it would be nice to have a volume slider either built into P2Exe or Video Builder itself.

Is the sound level different from when you preview your show? The sound level on your DVD should be the same as when you run a preview or make an .exe file. The level may be being altered by how you are sourcing the music, by ripping from a CD perhaps, depending on the program you are using to copy the sound, or maybe the level on the CD is very loud.

If you are using a sound editing program like Audacity or Goldwave, you can alter the sound level to whatever you want. I am not familiar with Audacity as I use Goldwave, but is should be a simple matter to reduce the level. You may find the level controls calibrated in dB (decibel) steps; as a starting point reduce the level by 6 dB which will halve the apparent volume.

Colin

Is the sound level different from when you preview your show? The sound level on your DVD should be the same as when you run a preview or make an .exe file. The level may be being altered by how you are sourcing the music, by ripping from a CD perhaps, depending on the program you are using to copy the sound, or maybe the level on the CD is very loud.

If I play back on the computer the sound is the same as the pte preview - it is only when I start playing back to my TV via my amp + DVD player that the volume effectively doubles (in comparison to 'normal' DVD's when played on the same system).

If you are using a sound editing program like Audacity or Goldwave, you can alter the sound level to whatever you want. I am not familiar with Audacity as I use Goldwave, but is should be a simple matter to reduce the level. You may find the level controls calibrated in dB (decibel) steps; as a starting point reduce the level by 6 dB which will halve the apparent volume.

Colin

Yes, I'm aware that I can convert all my music to lower volume versions in Adobe Audition - but wanted to avoid doing this if at all possible. A volume control with the P2Exe program itself would be the ideal answer.