WnSoft Forums

American Civil War

Tomuk

Hi! Eric,

Thanks for your very kind offer via PM.

As I have said in other posts,I'll post a beta version of my show and await for all you experts to tell me to scrap it and do it again the right way.

At the moment I'm only working on the sound track and I'm using Barry B's method of marrying slides to the sound track in timeline, so far it's working a treat.

Hopefully it will only be a day or so before I can let you pick the bones out of it.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

I know you where only joking at least you are futher on than myself.

Cause once I can get the show done I will have to try to do a sound track.

I don't know wether you have an interest in this period or not but it is a great hobby

of mine and I have a quite a few books left on the subject and thats after selling a

lot plus other periods of history. My hobby at one point was Wargames and I have various

period armies still from Napoleonic,ACW and other historical periods going back pre eygptian

periods. Now if I could sell them I would be able to buy some more equipment for my new hobby.

What music are you using?

all the best for now

Tom

Tom.

My interest in Living History and re-enactment Societies is purely photographic,I'm a complete duffer as to the actual History.

I have created one or two shows from different periods, they include, Victorian Times, Second world war, Sealed Knott (English Civil War) and lately the Tram car museum in Crich North Yorkshires (what else have we old timers got left to do), plus I'm always on the lookout for good stories that i can illustrate and create a sequence.

As to the music I'm using you will have to wait and see... suffice to say that Ken Cox helped out by sending me some period stuff.

If you get Messenger Live we can chat live about it.

Tom/

Tom.

I'm a complete duffer (what else have we old timers got left to do),

If you get Messenger Live we can chat live about it.

Tom/

As you say we are two old duffers but I don't reallyknow my way round systems I know that messanger live is there but not how to set it up! I have liked the idea of AV for some time but used Proshow and didn't have to resize my images so having to do this in PTE is a bit of a pain and sometimes just don't have the get up and go to do it but to get shows for say competitions I will have to learn and as said before not sure about portrait shots or how to tackle them. I think if I could just get one done and have in it what i want I would forget about all other parts and stick to simple basics. Just there is no one local; to me who knows the program to show me how to tackle certain things. Now that is only the images then there is the sound and there I am at a complete loss as I tried to add sound to my rambled show it startoff ok but then when we get to a couple of slides it starts from the start again. I think I was working on one or two slides and there didnt seem to be any music and added it again and it start from the beginning again when running also have set up PTE someway as it always shows the show full screen and not in the preveiw screen and I dont know what I have done nor how to rectify it?

Tom

TOM,

I hope these screen grabs will be of some help, just click on them to enlarge.

post-552-1223388448_thumb.png

And

post-552-1223388468_thumb.png

And.

post-552-1223388499_thumb.png

Finaly.

post-552-1223388482_thumb.png

As you can see, I'm working on my sequence as I write this message.

Any problems, give me a call.

Tom.