WnSoft Forums

Has anyone done a Fire animation?

cgbraggjr

I need to create some Magic Fire for a presentation in 2-3 months. I can't find anything with Search so - has anybody tried this? It seems as if it would be much like little flame images falling up, much as has been done with snow falling. An added complication might be having the fire dissipate instead of completely covering the screen.

TIA -

Guest Yachtsman1
I need to create some Magic Fire for a presentation in 2-3 months. I can't find anything with Search so - has anybody tried this? It seems as if it would be much like little flame images falling up, much as has been done with snow falling. An added complication might be having the fire dissipate instead of completely covering the screen.

TIA -

I may be wrong, but I think I saw some flames in Tom's American Civil War presentation, there is a link to it on here.

Yachtsman1

Just found this link. http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8909

Truthfully, PTE is not very amenable to creating a realistic fire animation. This would not be easy at all to animate realistically for various technical reasons using PTE, but if you want to output to a video and include PTE images, etc., you could use a product like ParticleIllusion to create the fire then use a Video mixer to mix PTE video output with ParticleIllusion output for the final presentation. I think you can get by with the basic ParticleIllusion SE (about $99) but worth it if you plan to do much of this. If you can't purchase the program perhaps you can check around and someone who use this program may be able to create the fire effect for you.

Here's a link:

http://www.wondertouch.com/

Best regards,

Lin

TIA -

Guest Techman1

I had created a fire type scene a year or so ago for a client. I had used multiple PNG images of various sizes of fire and had them moving up. They were set to various opacities (10% to maybe 50%). They had an office building that had burned down in the past history, so in the office building I took the image into Photoshop and removed the windows and then had the fire coming up and out of the windows. I also had smoke PNG files moving around & up over the building image.

With the latest version and masks, you can probably create something that is fairly realistic looking. Sorry I don't have these files any longer as they were removed from my system early this year (space issue).

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

-Fred