WnSoft Forums

Timelines in PTE

The oldie

It happens that I do not always have the sound effects/music ready for an av sequence. Sometimes it would be a great advantage to have a simple timeline to put on images before you have sorted out music or sound effects. Indeed it sometimes is an advantage to wait for the images to be sorted, transitions decided etc before working out the music etc.

Would it be possible to have such a timeline to start with? Of course we sometimes start with the music or sound but definitely not always.

Could Administrator react to this suggestion?

Incidentally Igor, many congratulations on the programme. It is definitely the best!

Dear oldie (from another) :)

Could you just not create a sound file of nothing but silence for the time desired and use that as your "music" in PTE until you sort out the music ?

JRR from The Oldie.

The idea of silence for the timeline is definitely a clever thought. I suppose you could calculate time which is much more than you need, to be sure, for adding images.

I think the idea of the basic timeline comes from one or two other av programmes, for instance the French programme GlobFX has this feature. It does mean that you can add your images as you produce them and play around with the other elements later.

Mind you PTE is excellent as it is. The admin seems to react so readily to ideas it is always worth a mention !

Nice to be in touch with the forum again.

If the technical chat is anything to go by, PTE is used for some way out and clever work!

Nice to be in touch across the pond!

The Oldie (Alan)

Alan,

You could always add some music and then just turn the volume down until you are ready to choose the piece you really want. :rolleyes: (suggestion from another "oldie". :(

Thanks Al,

Its nice to think there are quite a few oldies!

I currently do put an approximate piece of music to the timeline, so the matter is not desperate at all. It just seemed that it might be a tidy thing to do and be occasionally very useful.

Many thanks for the interest. If Admin is looking for refinements in the future perhaps ?

The Oldie (Alan in UK)