WnSoft Forums

How to create a title page?

KyDan

Please forgive the ignorance of a new user, (or in this case an infrequent user).

One question to get me started again.

Is there a way to make a blank slide and then add text to it?

I just want a way to create a title page.

I have in the past created my title pages in some other word processor and then saved

them as jpg images but that is clumsy to me.

Can PTE make title pages itself?

Thanks for your patience and time!

Dan D.

Louisville, KY good ole USA

Hi Dan,

There are several ways to approach this. One way is to create one or more blank background pages in other software such as Photoshop and save them to be used over and over. An example would be just a white low resolution jpg. You could make these backgrounds in any way you deem proper then simply use this as your first slide and add text as you see fit.

Another way is to simply put in a slide you don't care about, even a tiny slide of a couple pixels. Then go to objects and animations and delete this slide which will leave you with a blank of the background. If you have not chosen a background it will just be a black screen. If you have selected a gradient or solid color background then you will have that color instead to work with and you can place your text directly on this background.

Best regards,

Lin

Another way is to simply put in a slide you don't care about, even a tiny slide of a couple pixels. Then go to objects and animations and delete this slide which will leave you with a blank of the background. If you have not chosen a background it will just be a black screen. If you have selected a gradient or solid color background then you will have that color instead to work with and you can place your text directly on this background.

This worked wonderfully!

I simply copied my 1st slide over so there were 2 of them.

Then I added a background color and then deleted the slide.

Then I added my title text to the remaining background.

Thanks again for helping a newbie.

Peace!

Dan D.