WnSoft Forums

install question

Misands

I purchased the basic version of P2E mid 1997 and for various reasons stopped using it and also mislaid the original install program (I still have my product key though) I now wish to reinstall on my new PC and am confused about what I need to download form the website There appears to be only the deluxe version now and not the basic version I do not need the extra features and would like to know where I can get the latest basic version Or do I use my product key with the deluxe version and have a restricted feature set

Just one more question Do you need to have Administrator privileges to run it

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

Just download version 5.52 deluxe from the WnSoft website and register your existing product key. This will give you the full function of PTE, including Video-Builder. But every video you create with Video-Builder will carry a scrolling banner across the bottom of the screen to the effect that it was made using a trial copy of PTE. For creating EXE files, you will have all the function with no restrictions, scrolls or nags.

You don't need Administrator rights to run PTE.

regards,

Peter

Hi Mike,

Just download version 5.52 deluxe from the WnSoft website and register your existing product key. This will give you the full function of PTE, including Video-Builder. But every video you create with Video-Builder will carry a scrolling banner across the bottom of the screen to the effect that it was made using a trial copy of PTE. For creating EXE files, you will have all the function with no restrictions, scrolls or nags.

You don't need Administrator rights to run PTE.

regards,

Peter

Thanks for that but now I have a further question. I have my registration recorded in the following way (I simply exported the Registry entry)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE]

"Key"="????????"

Has the Registry location changed since my original install Looking at it now there is no PTE entry So how must the above be formatted so that it will be accepted

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

My PTE key is the one that I installed with V4.42 and, as far as I know, it's location in the registry hasn't changed. It is in the same place as yours.

Also, take a look at the FAQs in the Tutorials section of this forum website. There is an entry there about registering the product.

regards,

Peter

Mike,

My PTE key is the one that I installed with V4.42 and, as far as I know, it's location in the registry hasn't changed. It is in the same place as yours.

Also, take a look at the FAQs in the Tutorials section of this forum website. There is an entry there about registering the product.

regards,

Peter

I couldn't register properly by using the program but I managed to import my key directly into the registry and it appears to have accepted it OK

Thanks again

Mike

Now to look forward to exploring all the additional features I have missed for the last 18 months