WnSoft Forums

Command line options - starting in the middle

cgbraggjr

Argo,

Im not aware of any that start a slideshow from the middle ... only from a Slide number.

Heres what I have.

n = number value of the Slide

cover = pan and scan display

Commands

slideshow.exe -cover

slideshow.exe -slide n

slideshow.exe -log -frametimes

Peter - OK, that works! Thanks!

But, it doesn't work unless you have a soundtrack added via Project Options, or you have added sound to slides using the "Add Sound" button. Synch is not allowed if you add sounds via the Customize Slide option.

The reason I used the Customize Slide option is that it allows any length track to play to the end even if the slide is shorter. I was doing a manual advance show and didn't care how long the slides were so I set the default to 4 seconds. "Add Sound" truncates the track if it's longer than the slide, and doesn't warn you about this when you add the track.

Here's my ideal solution to the Catch-22 for sound tracks: (1) drop either the Add Sound or the Customize Slide music option and allow whichever option is kept to allow Synch (is there any benefit to Not Synching except preventing program logic conflicts?); (2) whichever option remains should either allow a long track to play even if the slide length is shorter, or give the user the warning/option to lengthen the slide.

Easy for me to say, because I don't have to do the programming!

In the meantime I guess the workaround is to set the default slide times very high, use the Add Sound option, and check the Synch box.

Argo,

I've never tried this in practice but....

At the bottom of the Project Options...Music tab there is a tick box "Don't interrupt sound comment when next slide appears". Does ticking this allow the individual slide sound (via Add Sound) to play on even if the slide is advanced before the end of the sound clip?

regards,

Peter