WnSoft Forums

Insert thumbnails in O&A

ale53

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your issue. Perhaps you are using the Classic View option rather than either the Horizontal or Vertical Views. They can be found under the View Tab at the top of your screen.

John

It would be more visually intuitive to insert the thumbnail of slide instead of name in O&A, expecially when there are so many.

Bye from Italy.

In the right bottom corner in "Object window" where I drag the slide, under the window Proprety, Common and Animation.

Excuse for my bad English.

Hi,

I understand what you are getting at now. My fault for not reading your post correctly.

I don't know if I can give you an accurate answer for this as this would be for Igor to give a reason for the present situation.

However some people work with many objects which if thumbnails were used would be counter productive as presumably they would have to be of a size whereby they could be reccognised. I guess that is the main reason. However, some of us, and I count myself as one of them usually only use 3 or 4 objects so this idea could be a good option but wheather it justifies writing this into the priogram is another matter.

Remember you can change the name of the object within PTE to make it more meaningful. This is something I do most of the time.

Regards

John

ale53,

It would be more visually intuitive to insert the thumbnail of slide instead of name in O&A, expecially when there are so many

I believe your idea has its merits to aid users in their selection. However, as John says ... It could become an issue when a user has an extreme amount of image objects. Also displaying images instead of filenames can become a additional pc resource issue for many users.

Instead of displaying all of the images, I believe it would be more productive and practical to optionally provide the ability to display just a single thumb image (pop-up) of the selected or highlighted object in the O&A list

I believe this would save user resources and be equally productive for users that also need to see the images of selected O&A filenames.