WnSoft Forums

Help, please: 5.6 fails to upload to YouTube

Hi all,

First - just loving the new release. Congratulations on all the hard work done!

Here's the issue:

Yesterday I successfully "published" my first test slideshow in HD format to YouTube. All's happy, everything worked great.

Today, I have a real presentation to publish. P2E goes through all the steps just fine, except for the very last one: "Uploading video file".

For that stage, it took just a split second and then updated the "progress" indicator to indicate it was Done, at 0 kbit/s. My net connectivity is just fine (I'm writing this message now). P2E didn't indicate any issues with my YouTube logon credentials.

It just quit exactly the same way in two different attempts. The new slideshow is about the same length as the test show I uploaded yesterday, so I don't understand what happened here.

Would appreciate any insights, as this presentation is actually important and time-sensitive.

Many thanks,

Hi Jerry,

Try uploading manually and see if you get the same issue. Also, can you find and play the MP4 locally on your hard disk? I've uploaded a number of Youtube files from 5.6 without problems so the first thing is to determine if the MP4 was created at all.

If you've not done this before, just log on to Youtube, click the "Upload" then navigate to the MP4 file on your hard disk and select it and click "open."

Lin

Hi Lin -

Thank you for the quick response!

It looks like P2E is not creating the intermediate MP4 file. To clarify my process slightly, I'm simply selecting the "Publish to YouTube" option from the Create menu.

I've tried this with two variations on the output choice

1. Using the default folder (i.e. the same folder that the project lives in), and

2. Using a separate folder for the output

Regardless, no MP4 gets created. All the other steps of the process work just fine (and you can see the progression through the slides as they're being converted).

So, if I understand you correctly, your suggestion is to manually create the MP4, and then upload to YouTube.

If so, I have a "major however". The MP4 that was an intermediate file from the first (successful upload test) was about 55mb. If I instead simply opt to create the MP4 by itself, from the same project, the file is about twice as large (100mb). The new project has about the same number of slides (around 55), and is the same play time and with the same music.

So it looks like I need to find out why P2E isn't creating the intermediate file...

Thanks again!

Hi Jerry,

Actually there is no "intermediate" file created, only an MP4 which is then automatically selected and uploaded to Youtube (or Vimeo). If your new MP4 created manually is considerably larger than the other, it's most likely because of the file size or because of a different option in terms of file dimension chosen for the creation. The MP4 which is uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo is stored on your hard disk as well as uploaded to one of these two sites where it is converted by their software to Flash FLV format.

I'm not certain why your system isn't creating the MP4 file - I'm sure technical support will be able to help with that, but I suggested doing it manually as a work-around in order to get the job done. Again, the sise of the MP4 created will depend on these factors:

1. Whether you choose Standard or HD high quality

2. The number of slides in your show and their respective pixel dimensions.

3. The dimensions you choose (if you create custom) for the MP4

Best regards,

Lin