WnSoft Forums

book effect?

pedro.silva

greetings!

i'm not sure i should ask this here or post as a request for the future... let me try here, maybe it can be done already.

what i'm after is a "realistic" book effect, like that of many flash slide shows made with other tools. i think that something along the lines of using the current "curling of page" effects would be fine, but with the option of a "book spine" in the center of the screen. can this be done now, in a way that's simpler to understand and modify than existing templates -- and if so, how? if not, maybe this should be a nice addition, as a new effect, for a future version...

cheers,

pedro

thank you lin, for your assistance, as usual.

i've just spent some time there, and what i found is pretty much what i remembered. pages flipping nicely, but only one page visible at a time (presumably using the existing curling of page effects). or two pages at a time, but with stiff flipping, and templates with lots of bits and pieces, and that would require a lot of work, to adapt to different formats, and more than a few pages. (and a lot of some very fancy pseudo-3d stuff, nice but not what i'm after).

maybe i need to look deeper in thedom's place, but i don't think i'll find what i mean: a realistic book effect, with a "book spine" in the center of the screen, and pages that curl when we flip the "book" back and forth. showing the next (or previous) page in the back of the curling page would come automatically, without having to load the same image in several places of several slides. i think maybe we need a new transition effect...

cheers,

pedro

Hi Pedro,

theDom (Dominick) has done this in many different ways - perhaps a trip to his site for one of his templates would help - at least have a look:

http://www.thedom.fr/shop/

Best regards,

Lin