WnSoft Forums

Need some way to display O&A objects

The following may have been discussed before in one of the many beta versions that I didn't follow, in which case maybe good reasons for not doing the following have been explained. Or perhaps not, so I thought I should raise this.

I am in the midst of preparing a presentation to my photo club for persons new to AV production and to PTE. As I prepare my presentation, I am struck by something that I am almost certain is going to confuse and perhaps put-off newcomers to the software. It doesn't bother me, I'm used to it, but I think the software would be much more intuitive to some users if the following might be fixed.

The problem is that when I insert slides as Objects in the O&A window for one of the "normal" slides on the timeline, there is no where in the software (other than in that O&A window) where I can see a thumbnail of these extra objects and reassure myself they are there and know where they are located (this could even be a problem for me if I go back to a show months later, looking for a slide that I know is SOMEWHERE in the show in an O&A window but I can't remember which one exactly). The only hint the user has is (sometimes) the unusually large gap most of us leave in the main timeline for slides that have lots of O&A objects under them, but in a show with lots of such animations and many objects in them, finding a particular slide that is used only in an animation window could be a nightmare.

Is there some way of (perhaps as an option that can be toggled on or off) displaying these "hidden" slides or objects in some fashion that makes it reasonably clear with which main slides they are associated or in which O&A window they reside? It might be too messy and confusing to do this in the timeline itself, but maybe in the "light table" display?

As I say, this isn't a major problem for me,first because I'm very familiar with the software and the fact that some of the slides I use are "hidden" from the main screen, and second because I don't use animations all that often, nor do I use a large number of slides as objects within animation windows in most of my shows. But I can well imagine this being a big problem for some new users, even some more experienced ones, and I'm not looking forward to trying to explain all this to the poor newbies who will be attending my presentation next month <_<

Any thoughts? Or is there an icon or control somewhere in 5.6 that will give me this display, that I haven't noticed?