WnSoft Forums

Integrate some small image manipulations

Since my first slideshow I like the effects you can get with fading between two, three or more versions of one image. But it's not so easy to play around with these things because you always have to prepare it in your image editor, put it into PTE, preview it and decide whether it looks good or not, supports the feelings you want to express or not, adjust in image editor again, preview and so on.

Another commonly situation is when using O&A with animation of multiple images that some of these doesn't fit exactly to the mood expressed by the majority of the others and need some colour corrections to get a pleasing result.

This leads me to the request of some image manipulation functionality in PTE. Only meant for those who can live with non-perfect results at the benefit of easy realization.

Today we only have opacity, good enough to darken a image or give a image a small tint by overlaying it with a rectangle with the desired colour impression.

Like opacity the following base functions should be coupled to keypoints, so that one can vary the effect strength over time.

(Sort order represents the number of times I personally use these effects)

1. Blur

2. Brightness (or alternatively white/black point or gamma adjustment)

3. Colourize

4. Saturation

If DirectX supports some of these functions, then implementing it shouldn't have a big impact to performance.

regards,

Frank