WnSoft Forums

mixed timed & manually-advanced slides

dllund

be gentle. i'm new.

have been using pix2exe 4.49 for about a year now. only feature lacking is to be able to mix timed slides w/ manually advanced slides in the same project. i've been running a pte w/ manual slides, which loads a pte w/ timed slides, which loads a pte w/ manual slides, and so on.

do later versions of pix2exe have this feature, being able to mix timed and manual slides ?

thanks. i'll hang up now and listen :)

Hi David,

I don't know which version of PTE introduced the feature, but yes, you can mix manual and timed slides in a sequence. I am currently building what is essentially a manually controlled "illustrated lecture" but at one or two points I want the slides to advance automatically with no intervention by me on the mouse or keyboard. The Customize Slide...Main tab offers an option to "Show next slide after indicated time interval". It is possible that this feature exists in v4.49 also?

If you do decide to upgrade, then remember that you can have both v4.49 and v5.6 installed at the same time. They co-exist quite peacefully! Also remember that the user interface was changed quite extensively during v5's life. You would be well advised to download the various user manuals - and read them!

regards,

Peter

Hi David,

I don't know which version of PTE introduced the feature, but yes, you can mix manual and timed slides in a sequence. I am currently building what is essentially a manually controlled "illustrated lecture" but at one or two points I want the slides to advance automatically with no intervention by me on the mouse or keyboard. The Customize Slide...Main tab offers an option to "Show next slide after indicated time interval". It is possible that this feature exists in v4.49 also?

If you do decide to upgrade, then remember that you can have both v4.49 and v5.6 installed at the same time. They co-exist quite peacefully! Also remember that the user interface was changed quite extensively during v5's life. You would be well advised to download the various user manuals - and read them!

regards,

Peter

thanks, Peter. will try.