WnSoft Forums

Pause

luc

Hello,

I had a diapo on climbing Mt-Blanc made with v5.00 beta 6 and want to re-edit this diaporama with putting a possibility to pause the diapo.

I did it allready with a later version v5.00 beta 11a. Here I could pause the slideshow with the tab bar or left mouse click.

Is there someone who could explain me what I do wrong and how I can arrange that pause tab.

In the V5.00 beta 11a I putted on the projectoptions - advanced - mousbuttons: left: pause and right: none.

I toughd it should work well?

Can anyone help me out here?!

Sincerely

Luc

Belgium

Hi Luc,

My technique would be as follows:

- Project Options...Advanced... tick "Permit control of show using keyboard"

- Project Options...Advanced... Mouse Buttons: Left=Next Slide; Right=Previous Slide

Then I use the spacebar to Pause the sequence and to Resume the sequence. At any time I can use the Mouse Buttons or the Left and Right cursor keys to move forwards or backwards through the sequence.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi Luc,

- Project Options...Advanced... Mouse Buttons: Left=Next Slide; Right=Previous Slide

Then I use the spacebar to Pause the sequence and to Resume the sequence. At any time I can use the Mouse Buttons or the Left and Right cursor keys to move forwards or backwards through the sequence.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

I would disagree with your suggestion of the actions of the mouse buttons, I would suggest the "Right" button is used to move to the next slide to the right, & the "Left" button to move to the slide on the left is more "intuitive". Imagine you are flying a plane via a joystick, to turn right move the stick to the right & visa versa. This is my preferance. ;)

Regards Eric.

Eric,

I came to PTE from PowerPoint. These button settings were the Powerpoint defaults that I was used to. And in any case, we use Left click much more than we do Right click in all our other PC usage. So it seems to me to be logical - even if its not intuitive - to put the most used direction on the most used button and the least used direction on the least used button: "horses for courses"!

regards,

Peter

Hi Luc,

regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

The "Permit control of show using keyboard" is on the main Tab and is marked.

I tryed to use the mousebuttons on several possebilitys and none of them worked?!

First with the left on previous and the right on next slide so that people will be able to pause the slideshow with the spacebar. Should it be something with the version it is made of (V5.00 beta 6) ?

When I Update my version I have to remake it ALL over, ain't it?

regards,

Luc

post-2780-1235579030_thumb.jpg

post-2780-1235579048_thumb.jpg

Hi Luc,

Should it be something with the version it is made of (V5.00 beta 6) ?

When I Update my version I have to remake it ALL over, ain't it?

V5.00beta is so far back in time I cannot remember exactly what it gives you or how it works. But I do recall that the manual control of sequences was not active in some of the early betas during the various v5.xx beta programmes. Maybe that is what you are up against. That's the bad news. Now the good news!!

You do not have to remake your sequences if you upgrade to the latest version. Just open the .pte file into the new version, do a File...Save As... under a new name so that you do not over-write your current file and then continue with your development.

PTE project files are "upwards compatible" (i.e. you can load a .pte file made with lower PTE version into a higher PTE version) but they are not "downward-compatible" (i.e. you cannot load a .pte file made with a higher PTE version into a lower PTE version and expect it to work properly. It might; but there again, it might not).

regards,

Peter

Hi Luc,

V5.00beta is so far back in time I cannot remember exactly what it gives you or how it works. But I do recall that the manual control of sequences was not active in some of the early betas during the various v5.xx beta programmes. Maybe that is what you are up against. That's the bad news. Now the good news!!

You do not have to remake your sequences if you upgrade to the latest version. Just open the .pte file into the new version, do a File...Save As... under a new name so that you do not over-write your current file and then continue with your development.

PTE project files are "upwards compatible" (i.e. you can load a .pte file made with lower PTE version into a higher PTE version) but they are not "downward-compatible" (i.e. you cannot load a .pte file made with a higher PTE version into a lower PTE version and expect it to work properly. It might; but there again, it might not).

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter, this helped me a lot!

Do I need to uninstall the old version or could I overwrite it with the newer V5.6?

regards

Luc

Luc,

There's no need to uninstall the old version. PTE v5.6 installs into its own folders and will happily co-exist with earlier versions. All you need to do is take care with which version of PTE you associate the file extensions .pte and .ptv.

regards,

Peter