WnSoft Forums

Print a list of slides?

PeteC

Hi everyone. I've been out of the scene for some months and have just downloaded v4.1 of this terrific program. I'm very happy with it but I need to ask a question. Sorry if I've overlooked the obvious:

I'm building a show with about 300 slides and one of the hardest things is visualising the "form" of the whole show. I've divided it up into eight chapters with a menu slide, but I thought I'd print out the list of slides I've incorporated already (out of about 1000 available) and use Thumbs Plus to do a gallery, but I can't see how to print the list. Can anyone suggest how to print a list of the used slides?

Cheers,

Pete

Pete:

I use Thumbs plus from time to time, but not fully up on it. I suspect there might be a way to print a file listing, but in the meantime I use either "Directory printer" (http://www.galcott.com/) or Karenware Directory Printer (http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp).

Both are free.

You would have to use them on "real" file, not the Thumbs Plus db file I suspect.

Good luck

Thanks Jim, but that's not the answer, because the slide list in PicToExe is not a directory in the Windows sense. (I already use Tree Size pro for the same function). To manipulate the list, you need to be able to select all the slides in the list, but you can't.

Pete

Pete, if I understand correctly then you are in luck. Granot has exactly what you need:

Click here for Granot's utilities - find and download number 68, PTEpics

PTEpics.exe makes a .txt file like this, displaying pic file paths and names from chosen or default .PTE file:

C:\Folder1\Pic100.jpg

C:\Folder6\Pic200.jpg

C:\Folder3\Pic600.jpg

These are hypothetical paths and names. The idea is that however you've coded your show, that is how they are listed in the .txt output file. Here is Granot's help text:

This program does a very simple thing:

Click, choose your PTE project file and get list of all images with their full path. Put "PTEpics.exe" in the folder where your pte file is or Browse to find it. You can also open any image by your default program or with the Free IrfanView. For JPG you can use Quick View.  The utility will not work if full path is not written in pte file (this happens when the path it too long due to many folders or long folders names).

That's a nice suggestion from Think(Box). And then once you have a listing using Boxig's utility, you may also try ( I haven't :D ) to download Oscar's Renamer ( a free ) program. It has a Macro utility that will enable you to rename paths/filename. You can download it free from My Webpage. Let me know if it works :D. Well, it's not really my webpage. Invision just put it instead of the URL that I typed :rolleyes: .

Another option for printing the list of slides used is to open the .pte file in the Adjustor model (available on Beechbrook), and print the list of slide names in column "B".

I agree, Pete. I've been pushing for a spreadsheet-like table in PTE for a while now. One of the features of such a table would be the ability to print it or at least portions of it.