WnSoft Forums

Basic help needed

sampson

We like to use slide shows set to music for our clients. Brings tears to their eyes.

Recently, I updated to 5.6 and have had nothing by headaches with the finished products.

Let me enumerate:

1. Shows are created in Windows XP enviornment and the HD/DVD's created run perfectly on that computer (created in PC HD format)

2. When tested on a computer using Vista, the show begins jerky and the music stalls for the first few frames.

3. The picure colors are literally faded. Both computers have Navidia graphics cards, if that should make a difference.

4. I have approximately 400 photos set to music on 1 DVD. Photos are full resolution. Total disk is 36 minutes. The DVD uses 700 MB. Total capcity of DVD is 4.3GB, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I can live with the music being jerky the first few slides, but the poor color quality on the Vista computer is not acceptable.

I thin proceeded to make a slide show in the .exe format and that proved a bigger disaster as the pictures were all 'fuzzy'. Again I used full resolution.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I need to get this to a client right away.

Thanks

Sampson

We like to use slide shows set to music for our clients. Brings tears to their eyes.

Recently, I updated to 5.6 and have had nothing by headaches with the finished products.

Let me enumerate:

1. Shows are created in Windows XP enviornment and the HD/DVD's created run perfectly on that computer (created in PC HD format)

2. When tested on a computer using Vista, the show begins jerky and the music stalls for the first few frames.

3. The picure colors are literally faded. Both computers have Navidia graphics cards, if that should make a difference.

4. I have approximately 400 photos set to music on 1 DVD. Photos are full resolution. Total disk is 36 minutes. The DVD uses 700 MB. Total capcity of DVD is 4.3GB, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I can live with the music being jerky the first few slides, but the poor color quality on the Vista computer is not acceptable.

I thin proceeded to make a slide show in the .exe format and that proved a bigger disaster as the pictures were all 'fuzzy'. Again I used full resolution.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I need to get this to a client right away.

Thanks

Sampson

It sounds like Vista's Digital Rights Management is sticking its oar into your show, and thinks it is not a valid DVD, hence slowing and desaturating the show, in line with what Vista is primed to do. I don't know the answer, except perhaps to install PTE on a Vista machine and make the exe file there. The easy way to do this is to use PTE's File/Create Backup in Zip, then transfer the zip file and unzip.

Colin

It sounds as though you have more than one problem here.

Take the music out of the show and see how much of the problems disappear.

The fading of colour COULD be down to the wrong colour space?

RGB JPEGs do not look as good as sRGB JPEGs in a PTE show.

Does that ring any bells?

What do you mean by full resolution? Full resolution out of the camera? That's a recipe for disaster.

Re-size to the resolution of the images in the show. If your images are going to be seen at 1920x1080 resolution in a PTE EXE then they need be only 1920x1080 to begin with. Anything higher is going to cause problems.

You also have to consider the specifications of the two computers - RAM, Graphics RAM etc on each computer.

DaveG