WnSoft Forums

Burning slideshow to DVD

benro

Hello

I would like to burn a slideshow to DVD. Thats no problem, but I am going to send the DVD to USA and I wonder if there are any problems with region codes. Or is that only a problem when you buy DVD films in the store. I know that I have too burn it in NTSC.

I hope someone can give me an answer.

Swede

That's a good question by Swede, but I don't understand your answer, Ken. Does sending the show via internet override the need for a regional code? I know that some of my authoring software does ask about regions, but as I recall, when burning a DVD of a PTE show, this is not a choice. So, if Swede burns it to a disc in NTSC form, does he need a regional code also to play the disc in another region?

Swede

et al

from my archives

best to print it out and use the calculator:)

DVD TEST NOTES

8:26 PM 7/2/2004

USED WINDVD SUITE -- CAME WITH ASUS MOTHERBOARD

USED P2E EXISTING SHOWS -- I HAD MADE THESE SHOWS TO VCD AND SVCD FORMAT MANY TIMES AND I KNEW THEIR FAILINGS

REVISED AS NECESSARY - IMAGEs TO FULL SCREEN settings -- 95% SCREENSIZE -- SOME WERE MADE ORIGINALLY with ver 3.6 --WERE SCANNED INTO SYSTEM FROM 4X6 PRINTS, 8X10 XEROX COPIES AND 8X10 PRINTS ETC

I DID NOT ADJ THE TEXT POSITON FOR THE PICT ID SO IN SOME CASES I LOST THE TEXT AND IN OTHER CASE'S IT IS LOST IN THE PICTURE - -I WAS NOT ABOUT TO REINVENT THE WHEEL AS I WANTED TO SEE THE OUTPUT QUALITY and how the system would operate

USED P2E VER 4.3 BETA 1 AND CREATED VIDEO --default settings - INTERLACE AND SHARPNESS FILTER ON

AUTO SHOW EXE = 24.484MB - AVI 123.311 MB

AIR SHOW EXE = 9.65 MB- AVI = 73.141

CALENDAR EXE = 21.25 MB - AVI = 107.394

BRIDGE EXE = 14.5= MB - 116.500 MB

KIDS EXE =4.79 MB - AVI =23.364 MB

MOUNTAINS EXE = 11.579 MB - AVI 91.750 MB

TUGBOAT EXE = 6.106 MB AVI - 25.827 MB

TOUR EXE 3.812 MB - AVI =25.827 MB

THE ESTIMATE TOTAL FILE DVD SIZE WAS +- 3600 MB'S

TIME FOR WINDVD TO CONVERT AND BURN WAS + - 2HRS 10 MINS

SO I DONT BELIEVE I WILL BE GOING THRU THE TMPGENC GYRATIONS -- THE NEW SYSTEM IS WORKING REAL WELL FOR THIS OPERATION

VIEWED ON 13", 23", 29" AND 32" STANDARD TV'S -- THE PICTURES OF THE MOUNTAINS THAT WERE SCANNED FROM MY HASSLEBLAD DAYS ARE EXCEPTIONAL

THE OVER ALL QUALITY IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS OLD BOY :)

NOW I HAVE TO FIGGER OUT THE FANCY MENU SETTINGS IN WINDVD

excuse the capitals:))

ken

Hi Swede,

In case you didn't know, Region Codes are generally only applied to commercial film DVDs. They are mainly used by film studios so that they can protect the theater release of their movies in the various regions of the world at different times. That is to say, the DVD of a movie can be released in one region but it would not be playable in another region where the film has yet to be released for showing in theaters. So, unless you have some reason for not wanting your DVDs to be viewed in some regions of the world, why would you consider applying a Region Code? I have made many PAL and NTSC DVDs for play in various countries and never considered applying a restrictive thing like a Region Code. Hope I haven't misunderstood your question!

Best of luck,

Scotty