WnSoft Forums

Aspect ration of PicturestoEXE (Version 5.x) slideshow

tsksimentsk

In Project Options -- Screen, the aspect ratio of the slide has to be specified, i.e. 4:3 or 16:9, etc. to suit the corresponding display ratio of the PC monitor.

The problem is that the slideshow may sometimes need to be displayed on monitors of different ratios. I found that when I set the ratio of the slide at 4:3 and display it on a 16:9 monitor, 4 black strips appear around all sides of the slide whereas I expect that only 2 black strips appear at the left and right sides.

Similarly, when I set the ratio of the slide at 16:9 and display it on a 4:3 monitor, 4 black strips appear around all sides of the slide whereas I expect that only 2 black strips appear at the top and bottom sides.

Could the administrator or any member help to fixt the above problems in PicturestoEXE 5.XX, which do not occur in version 4.xx?[size="4"]

Guest Yachtsman1
In Project Options -- Screen, the aspect ratio of the slide has to be specified, i.e. 4:3 or 16:9, etc. to suit the corresponding display ratio of the PC monitor.

The problem is that the slideshow may sometimes need to be displayed on monitors of different ratios. I found that when I set the ratio of the slide at 4:3 and display it on a 16:9 monitor, 4 black strips appear around all sides of the slide whereas I expect that only 2 black strips appear at the left and right sides.

Similarly, when I set the ratio of the slide at 16:9 and display it on a 4:3 monitor, 4 black strips appear around all sides of the slide whereas I expect that only 2 black strips appear at the top and bottom sides.

Could the administrator or any member help to fixt the above problems in PicturestoEXE 5.XX, which do not occur in version 4.xx?[size="4"]

Hi Tsktsk

What size are you making the actual slides?? I have two laptops, one with 4-3 & one with 16-9 monitors, if I size the slides to 1024x768 the shows display on both without black lines.

Yachtsman1

Hi Tsktsk

What size are you making the actual slides?? I have two laptops, one with 4-3 & one with 16-9 monitors, if I size the slides to 1024x768 the shows display on both without black lines.

Yachtsman1

Dear yachtsman1,

I am using 16:9 monitor with display resolution 1920 x 1080. As I make the slideshows mainly for self-entertainment, I produce them all at 1920 x 1080. The problem occurred when I pass the slideshows to my friends who have 4:3 montiors only.

tsktsk,

You should choose as "Aspect ratio of a slide" (screen options) exactly the aspect ratio given by your images. If you do not tick "Fixed size of slide", the program should work as you want it to do.

Best regards,

Xaver H.

Munich