WnSoft Forums

Female voiceover in german and polish

Esc

Hi All!

For some time I have been working on an AV of the fate and fortune of a polish woman

during the last months of WWII.

She stayed at KZ Ravensbück, Salzgitter-Bad and KZ Bergen-Belsen and ended up in

a refugee camp in Sweden.

During her time in the camp in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, she collected small greetings

and poems in a Notes book.

Images from this book will be in my AV.

As I think it would be nice to have some voiceover on those poems and greetings my request is

for MP3-files of female voices aged 20 - 30 years old in german and polish reading the poems.

It is two very short ( 2- 4 lines ) texts in polish and the same in german.

Can someone help me out? :rolleyes:

/Lennart

Eric,

Did you test it? The voices do not sound bad, but lifeless :(

Regards,

Xaver

Those are just examples of what can be done. I have CD from AT&T NATURAL VOICE for Rosa and Albero voices in Spanish, and the results are quite better, you can even change the intonation. The program that installs NATURAL VOICE has a lot more options on the website can not be applied.

I can not give my opinion of the voices in other languages because I do not have these CDs.

Excuse my english.

morasoft

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric,

Did you test it? The voices do not sound bad, but lifeless :(

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver

I was referring to the original post's concept, not the suggested software. I didn't try it but I will have a look now.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Had a look at the software examples now, I don't think it should be dismissed out of hand. For the price it looks like a reasonable alternative to a home produced voice over for shrinking violets who don't have self recording facilities. Check out the British example lower down the page, if it was slowed and added to a musical background I think it's a viable alternative that doesn't cost an arm & a leg. Thumbs Up from me :P

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Up-date on the last post, had a scratch around and discovered the following, you have to buy the main software before you can use any of the sample voices, I found the main software available on a UK site for under £15 as a download, so with one of the voices it rises to about £40. I tried the trial version which has a stock US femail voice and it sounded a bit like a dalek. The UK British trial voice I downloade into Audacity, played around with it and got an acceptable voice to my own (which isn't difficult). The trial software is easy to use, you just browse for some word text document load it and press play, it read my document accurately but daleK like, you can make basic adjustments in the software tempo & speed, add pauses etc. However it seemed to mumble certain words.

Conclusion, I will mull it over & may give it a go.

Yachtsman1.

Hi All!

Thanks a lot for your interrest in my non-PtE problem.

To Yachtsman1:

What is the meaning of shrinking violets and like a dalek?

My Student´s dictionary contains just 152 000 words :P

/Lennart

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi All!

Thanks a lot for your interrest in my non-PtE problem.

To Yachtsman1:

What is the meaning of shrinking violets and like a dalek?

My Student´s dictionary contains just 152 000 words :P

/Lennart

Hi Esc

A "Shrinking Violet" is a term for someone who is shy, reserved, or timid, a bit like myself (only joking).

There is a TV programme in the UK & most of the world I believe, called "Doctor Who", the Daleks are a race of aliens with a distinctive electronic voice, which was originally produced by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.

Yachtsman1

Hi Lennart

I have Polish friends and could record a short piece for you.

Could you please e-mail me the words?

It may take a few weeks as I have to go away and not sure when I will see the young lady who I think would have a very suitable voice. She speaks many languages including German.

I lived in Germany for many years not far from Bergen-Belsen, it is the only place in the world I could not take any photographs. The atmosphere was so intense.

Best Wishes

Maureen

Yes delete the last two messages so Lennart's address is not available.

Have sent him an e-mail already.

• 4 months later...

Hi all!

To round off this topic:

I have finished my project using - in part - the digital demo-voices (with annoying background music) on the Loquendo site.

The result was not outstanding but "not that bad" or something in that direction. Some tweaking in Audacity was made and it helped a little.

Thanks all for helping me out.

/Lennart