WnSoft Forums

New utility - typewritting window

boxig

Hi all,

I made a small utility and need some feedback.

It is a window opened by "Run application" from a customized slide or at the end of the show. In the window your text is being typed like a typewritting, line after line.

There is also a baby utility attached, where you choose the color and size of fonts and write your text.

It is called "TypeWriter" and you can find it HERE.

Another small program is called "ScreenBaby'.

Although you will not like this one because it can capture screen even when your PTE show is protected by "Don't allow PrintScreen to copy pictures" but it can help you recover lost images from protected show, which I often see do happens to members. It is also great tool for those of you who make tutorials and need to capture active windows or selections from screen.

Enjoy them both

Granot

There is also a baby utility attached, where you choose the color and size of fonts and write your text.

No comments on "TypeWriter" ?

Nevertheless I uploaded new version where you can choose the font style too (font name). You can use it not only with PTE but for many other uses like leaving a cute typing message especially now that you can choose the fonts you like.

Hi everyone it's the rookie, I've been trying to use this utility with no success.

I've followed the instructions, font, size, color, text and configured. When I click the exe I get a message that this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. Running Win 98, any thoughts.

Lenny

Dear Granot,

just downloaded and checked "Typewriter" and can say it works perfectly.

I think it's very useful, as you say, selecting "Run application" from a customized slide during the show or at the end, but especially at the start, as a presentation text (after a short black customized slide).

Only a little question: could you add also the "typeface" (bold, italic) to character attributes? It's not so important, but I think it's quite easy for you...

Thanks for all your utilities and your hard work!

Hi Guido, long time no hear. Yes, using this utility at starting of show is main use, but some can find it useful at any slide, if they want to give long information about the slide. As for Bold and Italic, I think it is possible and I will sit on it. I hope everything is ok with Piza, I heard it's going to fall (don't stand near it).

Lenny, just include TypeWriter.exe and configure.txt files in the CD at the root (same place as your show and not in a folder). Whatever is on the CD will work as it works on a folder.