WnSoft Forums

Time Line enlargement

Peter Coles

Can the Time Line be magnified in version 5.6?

When placing images close together, it is difficult to see exactly where they are and even to identify which image is which. Is there a way of enlarging the Time Line so that the positions can be seen easlily? When trying to move close images it is too easy to pick up the wrong one. I seem to recall that in earlier versions there was an enlarge button but I cannot find one now!

Peter Coles

Guest Yachtsman1

When placing images close together, it is difficult to see exactly where they are and even to identify which image is which. Is there a way of enlarging the Time Line so that the positions can be seen easlily? When trying to move close images it is too easy to pick up the wrong one. I seem to recall that in earlier versions there was an enlarge button but I cannot find one now!

Peter Coles

Hi Peter

If you grab/drag the line above your images upwards the images expand in proportion. I only found this out last week when visiting a colleague who was trying to edit a show with about 100 images showing at the same time. I don't know how this had happened, I hadn't seen it before. Most of the lines around the horizontal view can be dragged to re-size their individual views.

Yachtsman1.

Peter, I think what you are looking for is the Zoom In / Zoom Out function on the Timeline.

This can be found in the menu bar under View>Timeline Options>Zoom In or Zoom Out.

You can also use <ctrl> + F11 keys to zoom in and <ctrl> + F12 keys to zoom out.

Guest Yachtsman1
Peter, I think what you are looking for is the Zoom In / Zoom Out function on the Timeline.

This can be found in the menu bar under View>Timeline Options>Zoom In or Zoom Out.

You can also use <ctrl> + F11 keys to zoom in and <ctrl> + F12 keys to zoom out.

John

Just had a look at what you suggest & my zoom in and out options are greyed out, any idea why.

Eric.

Eric, I think you may still be viewing the "slides" if you click on the "timeline" button, (bottom left of center), to bring up the timeline and then check I think they will be available for use.

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric, I think you may still be viewing the "slides" if you click on the "timeline" button, (bottom left of center), to bring up the timeline and then check I think they will be available for use.

Thanks John, you learn something everyday. However I think my way is quicker ;)

Regards Eric

... grab/drag the line above your images upwards the images expand in proportion ...

Eric,

As you said, dragging the line enlarges the thumnails in the slide view, and it enlarges the waveform in timeline view. But dragging does not spread or contract (the width of a second or minute on) the timeline.

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric,

As you said, dragging the line enlarges the thumnails in the slide view, and it enlarges the waveform in timeline view. But dragging does not spread or contract (the width of a second or minute on) the timeline.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver

If you look at the original question, he was asking how to enlarge the images also.

Eric

To try and clarify for some the thread topic was "Time Line enlargement, Can the Time Line be magnified in PTE v 5.6"

Peter asked -

As Peter has stated he was asking about the Timeline not the Slide-line, (images). :huh:

Peter continued -

(snip)....When trying to move close images it is too easy to pick up the wrong one.

If I am correct I don't think it is possible to adjust the timing on the images by picking them up, it is only possible to reorder them in the slide-view. The timing adjustments done in this way must be done in the timeline view.

Even when the slide-view is condensed to the smallest setting PTE will allow there is no overlapping of images and no problem in selecting an image to move.