WnSoft Forums

Problem with Photoshop Metamorphous

HaroldB

When I try to run this presentation, downloaded from Beechbrook, it ends abrupts after the fade-in of the word "Presents".

Harold,

I have the same problem - in Win Me.

Maybe it's the mis-spelling of the word "metamorphosis" on the next slide that's doing it??? B)

(.... oh, that's awful - sorry Tom, it slipped out before I could catch it!!! :o )

I just tried Tom's "Metamorphose" show on my laptop with Win XP, and it got about 10 or 15 slides into the show before cutting out.

The slide on which it quit was the picturesque street scene which metamorphoses from a line drawing into a photo, just after the portrait which in turn follows the Tower bridge scene.

Tom, which version of PTE did you use to create it?

Hi, Oleg,

There is definitely something strange about this show. I suspect that the problem is too tight transitions (new slide fading too close to the end of the previous one, possibly). Or else images too large?

The first time I downloaded it I ran the show completely through (don't remember on which pc, but I suspect it was on the desktop with W2K.) However, the last time I ran it in Win Me, I resized my screen to 1024 x 768, and it got as far as the two policemen. Go figure!!! B) None of the other shows react this way!

cc,

You solved the mystery! I must have jiggled my mouse while I was watching it! :unsure:

It works fine for me now, too!! :) Very nice effects! Tom, you're quite an aritist!! Even if you can't spell! :lol:

I just tried Tom's "Metamorphose" show on my laptop with Win XP, and it got about 10 or 15 slides into the show before cutting out.  

The slide on which it quit was the picturesque street scene which metamorphoses from a line drawing into a photo, just after the portrait which in turn follows the Tower bridge scene.

Tom, which version of PTE did you use to create it?

Hello to Alrobin.

I used v4.0 for this show, but recently (like the rest of you) I have upgraded to v4.10.

You have hit the nail on the head, I must have forgotten to disable the mouse in p2e before creating, I'm sorry for any inconvenience, It just proves that I must be stupid as well as illiterate :( .

Tom

For myself It played fine.

Unless I move my mouse and then it exits.

My arrow keys will also control the slides.

So it is not a Sync show.

cc

Hi! CC.

You are correct it isn't a Sync show, I like to be creative as much as possible with my transitions, using the sync feature takes this away from you as each slide is assigned equal air time so as to fit the length of the music (this is how I understandit,please correct me if I am wrong), I create the visuals to my liking and preview the sequence without any music or sound effects, I then edit my music track to fit using a free programme called Audacity from the Web.

Audacity will edit all formates of audio and after editing exports it as an mp3 file, very cool.

Tom

Tom,

It's possible that I was inadvertently jiggling the mouse, too, when I looked at that show. I have it on my work machine, so I'll try it there when I get back to work on Monday.

Is it possible that you had the box marked "Exit on mouse move" checked accidentally?

BTW, in synched shows, you have complete control over the length of each slide, and PTE pretty much guarantees that the show plays the same way on different machines.

Harold

I like to be creative as much as possible with my transitions, using the sync feature takes this away from you as each slide is assigned equal air time so as to fit the length of the music (this is how I understandit,please correct me if I am wrong)

Hello Tom,

You are right about the Sync mode, placing each picture equal amounts apart.

But as Harold pointed out you also have the Custom Sync mode too.

I have two computer one is a P2 300 and the other is a P4 2.53.

I am sure you timed this PTE Slideshow correctly on your PC.

But with it not being Sync. My slower PC Started to play the song a second

time before it finished showing all the pictures. And the Faster one.

finished the pictures first and the sound was cut off quickly before it was done.

If you use the custom sync, both my pc's will be showing the last picture

when the song is coming to an end.

cc

No problem for me with metamorphosis'...

BUT

"Photoshop Effects - part two" ends abruptly during painter's images (never at the same point) !

(AMD Athlon 2200+, 512 MB Ram, Nvidia TNT2 video card)