WnSoft Forums

'Stuttering' Transitions

bwat

I normally access my exe files for a show through menus, initial menu being a black screen with just a single small button to open a main menu (this prevents the windows desktop showing when a new show loads), then have a secondary menu to open the show I wish to run. ie when viewing a show there are up to 4 PTE exe files running.

Everything runs OK with shows recently made even with extensive zoom, pan, etc but when running older shows I experience considerable 'stutter' during standard transitions including simple fade. This does not occur when the exe file is run alone or with recently created shows.

In the back of my mind I seem to remember having read in the Forum some time ago problems when running shows created in v4.48 whilst menus created in v5.* are open (I am now using v5.6) but cannot find this topic during a Forum search.

Can anybody assist.

try it with harware acceleration box unchecked

ken

Hardware acceleration box is unchecked on all Menus.

I still cannot find the original forum discussion on this point but have re-created the exe file using v5.6 (original v4.48) and problem seems to have been eliminated.

Thanks for your reply and to all regular contributors to the Forum. Most of my problems are solved by reference to the Forum (and the User Guide) which I access frequently for tips and advice.

Regards

try it with harware acceleration box unchecked

ken

Thanks for the link. My problem was not with the menu or black screen covering the desktop but exe files created in v4.48 not running correctly (giving stuttering transitions) although they previously ran OK via menus and still will run OK without the menus also running.

This appears to be the case with all my older shows but after re-creating the exe files in v5.6 (simply by opening the original PTE file and clicking 'create') they run OK with the same menus running. I vaguely remember reading about this previously but wanted to find the Forum link to check before re-creating all my older shows.

Thanks for you help.

I normally access my exe files for a show through menus, initial menu being a black screen with just a single small button to open a main menu (this prevents the windows desktop showing when a new show loads), then have a secondary menu to open the show I wish to run. ie when viewing a show there are up to 4 PTE exe files running.

Everything runs OK with shows recently made even with extensive zoom, pan, etc but when running older shows I experience considerable 'stutter' during standard transitions including simple fade. This does not occur when the exe file is run alone or with recently created shows.

In the back of my mind I seem to remember having read in the Forum some time ago problems when running shows created in v4.48 whilst menus created in v5.* are open (I am now using v5.6) but cannot find this topic during a Forum search.

Can anybody assist.

If you use Version 5.6 to create a menu which calls up a show done in a previous version, you will find that it may not run smoothly. I think this is because the graphics engine changed in 5.6 but this is just a guess. What you have to do is open the old show PTE file in Version 5.6 and re-create the exe file. Then it should work correctly. I have had to do this with a number of my old shows.

Regards

Jeff