WnSoft Forums

DVD Audio/Video Syncronization

Hello Friends

I have a 900 Megabyte slideshow set to music, and have burned it repeatedly to DVD using every method within PicturesToExe 5.6.

My problem is with DVD playback wherein, the slides drift out of sync with the music. On one burned disk, the presentation outright hangs on a single slide about 3 minutes into the show, but the music continues to play normally. Also, many of the 'transition fades' are not smooth.

I am using PTE 5.6 in conjunction with Nero Ultra 7 (burning software), on Windows XP Pro, w/2 Gigs of ram.

Everything plays perfectly on the PC. Somehow, I am losing syncronization in the burn process. Can anyone guide me to a resolution in this matter?

Many Thanks in Advance.

MFetterhoff

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi I've just burned 50 DVD's using my laptops installed system Cyberlink Power Starter, I use XP Pro SP3 and PTE 5.6 and have no problems you describe, the show in question took up 4GB on the disc and a 90mb EXE file size. The size you mentioned 900mb, is that the EXE file size or the size on the DVD. If the exe file is 900mb did you get any error messages to say the disc was too small? if the exe file is 900mb using the interpolation of 90mb = 4GB 900mb would far out weigh the size of your disc, even a dual layer disc. If this is the case some of the sound file information might be shed to allow the show to burn. I'm guessing, but sometimes a suggestion can trigger the correction.

Good Luck

Yachtsman1

MFetterhoff,

Im not sure what build of PTE v5.6 you may be using ... but you may want to use latest release PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6, Build 5.6.3, May 5, 2009

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9351

I remember there has been recent fixes in PTE somewhat relating to the issue you describe. The issue was when burning a DVD movie with Video Builder the music syncronization could become off with particular video cards/drivers during DVD processing. Note: this fix has no relation to slideshows compiled to exe and burned to a data DVD.

Everything plays perfectly on the PC. Somehow, I am losing syncronization in the burn process.

One important question though ... are you burning a slideshow exe to a data DVD or having Nero Ultra 7 burn a slideshow movie DVD ? ?

.. are you burning a slideshow exe to a data DVD or having Nero Ultra 7 burn a slideshow movie DVD ? ?

It would be the later.. I'm using Nero to burn a slideshow movie DVD.

The size on disk is only 1.4 gigs.

I will install the latest PTE 5.6 and let you know. Thanks very much for the input! :D

.. are you burning a slideshow exe to a data DVD or having Nero Ultra 7 burn a slideshow movie DVD ? ?

It would be the later.. I'm using Nero to burn a slideshow movie DVD.

The size on disk is only 1.4 gigs.

I will install the latest PTE 5.6 and let you know. Thanks very much for the input! :D

UPDATE: the latest version of PTE (5.6.3) did not improve my issue. The issues remain, and they are:

* When I use Video Builder to create a DVD from a pte file, each slide flickers in and out of focus at about the frequency of a heart beat. (on playback)

* When I use Video Builder to create a DVD from an avi file, the process immediatley errors out, indicating that it is unable to extract frame from file.

* When I create an avi file and use Nero Ultra to burn the avi file to DVD, the dvd disk plays well through the television, HOWEVER, when inserted into a PC, there is no audio with the presentation.

Can anyone see a coorelation?

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Please follow these instruction & start again, I am assuming your PC/Laptop has the ability to write to DVD's??? forget your Nero, use the PTE facility to create your DVD.

1. With your PTE show open Click the "CREATE" button bottom left. This opens a multi action menu in 5.6

2. Choose the second down item "CREATE DVD VIDEO DISC"

3. This opens the PTE DVD burning programme,

4. Click the "NEXT" button bottom right of the screen.

5. The TITLE PAGE now opens, double click the title of the show & edit if required.

6. Again click the next button bottom right. This brings up the "START PAGE" Insert a clean DVD-R disc.

7. Again click the "START" button bottom right, your show will now be automatically burned to your DVD, providing the show does not exceed the capacity of the DVD disc.

Good Luck

Yachtsman1.

Thank-you, yachtsman1

Executed precisely as you outlined. The disk burns, no problem, but when played back on my newer DVD player, the focus flickers throughout the presentation.

Regarding the 'No Audio on PC Playback' issue. I cleared that up. I had not installed a decoder on my PC. This is a none issue now.

Addendum: I just played back one of these 'flickering' DVDs thru my PC. The WinDVD decoder played the disk well with no flickering. Kinda looks like it might be something about the DVD player in my entertainment system... but what?!