WnSoft Forums

AVI problems. Request

Igor

We plan to release v5.00 soon (in two weeks).

If problems with AVI video output still exist, please reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

I use a Pinnacle Showcenter to display PTE video sequences at 1280x720

The video accepted by this device is AVI-mp4 or WMV

I can make an AVI from PTE5 at this resolution using the XviD codec but cannot get the sound on the Pinnacle Showcenter.

Can you tell me which audio codec I should use?

Keith

I use a Pinnacle Showcenter to display PTE video sequences at 1280x720

The video accepted by this device is AVI-mp4 or WMV

I can make an AVI from PTE5 at this resolution using the XviD codec but cannot get the sound on the Pinnacle Showcenter.

Can you tell me which audio codec I should use?

Keith

In case there is anyone else trying to get through the DVD resolution barrier with PTE 5, I did resolve my problem with the help of a friend.

The secret is not to try to produce a mp4 file directly from PTE, but to select Create custom AVI with Audio codec set to No Compression (44 or 48KHz) and video codec set as Pictures to Exe.

Set Resolution Width 1280, Height 720, FPS 50Hz and Auto Interlaced Video. Anti-flicker optional.

Slect Create AVI . A temporary file is created in whatever folder you chose.

Then, without closing down PTE open a suitable MP4 file converter and select the temporary file.

I tried TMPGEnc 4 and Smartsoft Video Convertor.

Both worked well using XviD codecs.

There may be other methods and codecs but, at last, I have a solution that works!

Keith

Runtime Error!

Yesterday evening I started to burn DVDs. I never did it before so it may be that I did not follow the proper procedure. In all cases I used DVD-R 1-16x from TDK 4.7 GB. I used a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17LF ATA device. When I tried to burn a DVD-video disc I got the following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...nSoft PicturesToExe\5.00 Beta 19\VideoBuilder\author.exe

abnormal program termination

This happened when the program executed: VOB files multiplexing.

I attached the project options.

Project_options.pdf

Hartmut,

Thank you for letting me know about this problem!

1) Please try to encode another small slide shows (say several slides, 10-20 seconds). Will this problem occur now? If no, please send us all files of these 3 slides shows your added for this DVD. Or at least .pte project files.

2) Also please send me screenshot of a third page of VideoBuilder with burn settings (where you press Start button to start encoding DVD)

3) Please try to again burn this DVD with these 3 projects.

Start VideoBuilder, press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Q you'll see a window with special settings. Set checked "Save DVD.XML" option, click OK button.

Now try to create DVD as you did previous time. When program will show an error, close VideoBuilder and open temp folder in Explorer: C:\Users\Hartmut\AppData\Local\Temp

In this folder you'll find DVD.XML file. Please send it to me.

4) Make sure that you have enough free space on disc C: Your DVD required at least 3 GB of free space.

p.s. I sent you PM message.

• 1 year later...