WnSoft Forums

help with animation

Mike Reed

Hi All

Can somebody please direct me to a tutorial or explain how to make a post card turn over to show what is on the other side. Ideally I would like it to curl from bottom right as if turning a page. I am looking to have a picture on one side and the narrative on the reverse.

Mike R

Hi Mike

You can do a simple curling turn over in the PTE transitions.

Yachtsman1

Hi Yachtsman

Yes I appreciate that I can do Curl of page rolling up from right bottom but what I want to achieve is to have an image on the back of the curl. Eg Half way through the transition there is a triangle showing in the top right which has the face detail but in obverse. What I am trying to achieve is on the front face a post card with written narrative then as it curls the picture on the reverse starts to become visible. Ideally the post card and picture is reduced in size and placed onto another image which I am using as wallpaper. I suppose it is not so much the turning of page 1 to reveal page 3 but to reveal page 2 so more the flipping of a page. I hope this makes sense.

Mike

Mike,

You can certainly set up your image objects so that, as the postcard turns about an axis it reveals a different image on the reverse side. But I don't know of a way of having the curl effect applied to an individual object. Is the "curl" vital? Or is it more vital to have the text on the reverse of the image and then rotate the card about some axis?

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter

Yes I knew I could do a simple rotate. Perhaps I was seeking for something PTE cannot do as yet. I wanted to keep the curl to give the effect of turning the page. As a matter of interest I am running PTE on a Mac using software called Fusion. Sadly it would not open either your template or the Zipped example but I can guess what you achieved.

Mike