WnSoft Forums

Need Help with basic questions

BBorges

Hi guys,

Could someone help me with some basic questions?

----------------------------

Copying Slides:

I've found this FAQ from Peter regarding copying slides, but it is NOT working at all. Has this been actually tested on Windows XP Pro? I am sure I am doing the steps correctly (it is actually very simple, unless I am not reading it right).

I also attempted to copy the Objects contents from within the slides, and sometimes it copies over, others dont, which makes me believe it is a bug with PTE & XP.

Audio Basics:

I am starting to work with audio and I have received a lot of help regarding how to sync and all, but when I was actually trying it, I was confused about something very basic:

1- Why do I have three ways to insert audio: "Project Options", "Add Sound" at the top of the main scren & under "Customize Slide"?

2- What is the difference between "Adding Track" & "Adding Music" under Project Options?

Computer Power:

It seems like PTE is causing some hiccups on my desktop when I move objects around. It has also locked my desktop twice. Interestingly, the CPU usage does not even go beyond 40% on any core. And it has happened also that when moving objects around, the Winamp player would stall a bit too. Very weird.

My computer is fairly fast and can handle some aggressive PS / LR and Winamp simultaneously.

It is a Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 with 4Gb Ram, NVIDIA 8600GTS with 256MB and XP Pro Mounted on OCZ Vertex 2 SSD drive.

My PTE says the EXE would be 70MB and the pictures are all in full resolution (between 10MP to 14MP).

Has anyone faced these hiccups or mp3 player issues?

I suspect maybe 256MB VGA or the Full-res pictures could be the issue, other than some PTE memory management issues.

Adjusting Animation Speed:

Okay, here is a big one that is really bothering me: I was following up a video tutorial (forgot the owner's name) and at some point he explains how we have to go under the "Animation Tab", change the speed to "Smooth" for PZR and then go back, select "Setting Up..." and then click on "Separate Here".

Okay, in this sample slide show he did it very fast, but yesterday I was working on my current project, and I had 4 slides with about 20 to 30 objects in each... and let me tell you, I wanted to shoot myself after half way through.

Please tell me there is a short cut or an easier way of doing that instead of going inside each slide, then opening each object, then selecting "smooth" tree times (for PZR) then selecting "Setting Up" and then... you got the point... It is TERRIBLE.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide with the questions above.

BB

Animation:

It might be possible to add your first object, set it up as required re the PZR settings and "Setting Up" and then copy and paste it within the same slide.

Change the Image/Object in O&A > Properties > Picture.

The new object will then have the same settings as the first.

Change the start/ middle/ end positions and PZR attributes.

It's as broad as it's long.

DG

Audio Basics:

Indeed, the present audio concept of PTE is (to some extent) confusing. I would consider it as outdated. Adding sound via "Customize Slide" is (in most cases) not a good idea. Adding sound via "Project Options" is meant for introducing music, while the "Add Sound" function at the top of the main screen is meant for inserting sounds and commentary. My recommendation: Build up your complete soundtrack in (e.g.) Audacity and insert it via the Project Options. By the way, a new audio concept for PTE is under construction.

Regards,

Xaver