WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Version 1.0 - 1.60

yogi

Dear All,

I have a problem!

I have an old PTE file which i can not open! I have since upgraded my software and it is not allowing me to open up the old project.

Does anyone have any idea where i can get hold of a version from 1.0 - 1.60 which should let me get my photo's, or have any idea what i can do to get the old project contents??

Help would be v v gladly recieved.

Cheers

Hi, yogi,

Welcome to the Forum!

When you say you are not allowed to open your old pte file, do you mean the project file? And what happens when you try to open the file? Do you get messages saying it can't find images and music, or is there a problem even getting the pte file to respond at all?

If it's the former, you will need to assemble all the images and music files into one directory - the same one in which your old pte file is located. :)

If you write to WnSoft support, they should be able to send you the version of pte that you want. They used to all be posted on the site, but the earlier ones have recently been removed.

Yes, PicturesToExe v3.xx and v4.xx can't open project files created in v1.xx.

1) So please download old PicturesToExe v2.30 http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/pte230.zip

which supports project files created in v1.xx.

2) Then open this project in PTE v2.30 and save again with v2.30

3) And after this you will able to open it in any new version of PicturesToExe (including v4.41).

Thanks very much for the help so far everyone.

I have downloaded version 2.3 and installed it. I still have a problem where it tells me in an error box that " Sorry incorrect version of Project file"

What happened was i had all my projects, images sound etc on a machine. This machine blew up!! Literally!! and now all i have is a CD with the exe i created on it. I remaned the .exe to a .pte by just changing the file extension in the hope i could open the file and retrieve the pictures.

Any ideas how i can go about retrieveing the pictures from the .exe file i have?

I have mailed WNSOFT but have had no response as yet.

Again you help would be much appreciated,

Cheers everyone

rename the pte back to exe and run it

then do screen shots of every picture

search forum for screenshots

the subject has been covered many times -- in fact the last time it really came up a member criticized us for telling a member to do screen shots to recover your pictures

i would save them as jpgs at 100% quality in case you have to trim the picts --- if you do not have too many save them as tiffs or bmps first do your timming of borders - -correct colour then save as jpegs

boxig has an utility to make the process a bit easier

ken

Guest guru

Yes Yogi, Boxig has written the excellent "RestorePTE", that allows to restore all pictures of a slideshow when you have no more the .pte file. You can find this software at this address: http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/ (end of page, in "Utilities for 'PicturesToExe' and other slideshows programs users" group).