WnSoft Forums

Preview Problems

rhwitte

Hi All,

I'm having a problem similar to those that others are experiencing with large slide shows and DVD burning, only mine occurs during preview! I loaded 92 slides and set them all to use a 2 second fade transition and each was set to display for 4 seconds. The problem arose when I tried to preview the full show. After about 10 slides, some of the transitions stop and then a single slide will hang up to 30 seconds. After that there will be no transition for awhile then they will start again. :angry: After several more slides, the show will either stop the transitions again or hang or both. :( This random pattern of stopping and restarting, with or without the fade transitions continues to the end of the show.

Windows XP Home Edition with SVC Pack 2

AMD Athon 64 3200+ 210 GHz

2 GB Memory

47 GB on HD free

NIVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 64 MB

Moscow, we have a problem! :) :) :)

Edit: Sorry, this should have been posted this with the other bug reports for 5.10. I hope Igor and others will get to see it.

Any Help Please...

Dick W.

Hi Dick

If you are only using fade transitions and no animations then your video card should be fine (I would have thought).

Does running the same show in Beta 9a result in similiar problems? Beta 9a seemed fairly stable to me and it would be interesting to know.

If its a video card problem then you should have the same issues using beta 9a and 10.

Also if it is just a video card problem you should be able to burn the show in beta 10 and have it run perfectly when played back on DVD have you tried this? Chances are that won't work either given the latest Beta 10 problems.

Finally how big are your images? If they are straight of the camera or scanner without any resizing they could well be too big for your video card. I have a fairly high spec system and even that will falter if I try and load a REALLY big image e.g 200 Megs!

Regards

Andrew

Hi Ken, Gilio and Andrew;

I appreciate all of your comments.

Ken, I visited the comments you noted and it appears I should have enough graphic memory but...

Andrew, I tried running the same slide show in 9a, and though it would show all of the slides without hesitation, it would not do the fades. I found that if I reduced the number of slides, the fades would work! I looked at the size of the pictures and found they were in the range of 8,000 KB to 1.5 MB. I'm in the process of reducing the size of the slides and will attempt to run the slide show without problems. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Dick W.

P.S. to Ken:

How do you keep track of all the info that is in this forum? :huh: You seem to be able to site earlier responses to just about any topic. Great Job!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all on this Forum. I'm new both to PicturesToExe and the Forum so I hope this question doesn't cover old ground. I've registered 4.48 and also downloaded beta 13A of version 5. For some reason I can't get Preview to work in 4.48. It refuses to work even with only one or two pictures selected. If I save the project and open it in version 5 then I can use the Preview function with no problem. Why would it work in one program and not in the other? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Sue