WnSoft Forums

Standard Edition or Deluxe Version?

MarioG

Hello everyone,

I've just found this site and like to purchase PTE.

As I already have and use burning software (Nero 7) I need some advice.

Is the only difference between the Standard and Deluxe versions of PTE,

burning software?

Can I burn my slideshows with Nero just as effectively or is it better handled with PTE Deluxe?

There is a $20 difference and don't mind paying the extra if necessary.

Mario

G'day Mario welcome to the forum.

Is the only difference between the Standard and Deluxe versions of PTE, burning software?

Yes, I understand it is.

Can I burn my slideshows with Nero just as effectively or is it better handled with PTE Deluxe?

In my experience there is a slight improvement in the quality and speed of the burn in PTE Deluxe over Nero and others. It is a lot easier to stay in the same package and do the whole job.

Hello everyone,

I've just found this site and like to purchase PTE.

As I already have and use burning software (Nero 7) I need some advice.

Is the only difference between the Standard and Deluxe versions of PTE,

burning software?

There is a $20 difference and don't mind paying the extra if necessary.

Mario

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

I gather that if I choose the standard version and stay with Nero I will,

1) create my slideshow

2) Save the show as a file on my drive

3) Exit from PTE

4) Fire-up Nero and burn

You can't just select burn from PTE unless I have the Deluxe version?

Mario

Welcome Mario,

The Deluxe edition purchase enables the Video Builder options and features ... whereas the Standard edition does not. All other options and features are the same otherwise.

Test it firsthand ... you can directly perform/compare a test for yourself using the Video Builder process and your Nero process.

Even though you may not have purchased the Deluxe edition ... you can still create a DVD using the Video Builder which contains a "Created with Trial Version of Video Builder" banner. Just click - Burn DVD Video Disc/OK and not the Load a Key button to perform the trial.

I will leave the perception of quality to the eyes of the beholder/viewer and the equipment used to display it. Video Builder is definitely the easier/step saver process for direct burns.

Currently I use both Video Builder and Nero but I have to admit that Video Builder has the edge. It is easier and faster and. in my opinion, gives much better quality especially when burning a wide screen DVD.

For the extra 20 dollars, it is well worth the money so go for it.

Ron West

Welcome Mario,

If you dont mind paying the $20 then go for the Deluxe, I used Nero before Vidio Builder and Nero is not a patch on deluxe which is faster, you have menus & the music sound is fantastic.

All the best

Ray

Guest Techman1

Mario,

For the extra $20, it is well worth the convenience and quality to use Video Builder (Deluxe). You also gain the menu capabilities, ease of adding multiple shows, etc.

But as NoBeefStu says, give it a try and see before you buy if you like. It does work well!

Regards,

Fred

- Note: I also have Nero and use it still sometimes, but not as much now that Video Builder is a part of PTE Deluxe. It's just too easy to burn and do it all from within PTE.

There should be no difference between PTE and Nero because as far as I am aware PTE uses the Nero burning engine. I found this out by accident when I tried to burn a DVD using PTE it told me I could only create the DVD files but not burn them as Nero was not present on my computer (I use Roxio burning software) Would be interested to see if someone could confim that the above is correct.

Regards

Geoff

Stonemason, I do not have Nero on my system and PTE Deluxe has no problem burning a DVD. The burning engine is built into the PTE Deluxe program.

Howard

Stonemason, I also don't have Nero on my system anymore and have had no problems with PTE VB burning DVDs.