WnSoft Forums

Shimna River, Tollymore,N Ireland

Almark

Shimna River, Tollymore, Newcastle, Northern Ireland. A walk along the Shimna river is marked by many curiosities, natural and artificial – rocky outcrops, bridges, grottos and caves. Oak wood from Tollymore was the preferred material for the interiors of the White Star liners including the ‘Titanic’ which was built in Belfast. This a short (2 min) AV of photos taken along the river. Not intended for competition, although feedback would be welcome on the saturation, I am having problems with my monitor - I think. It looks too saturated on this monitor, but looked Ok when I did it at first on a laptop. Download here (24MB)

http://www.markallenphotography.co.uk/mark...s/tollymore.exe

Shimna River, Tollymore, Newcastle, Northern Ireland. A walk along the Shimna river is marked by many curiosities, natural and artificial – rocky outcrops, bridges, grottos and caves. Oak wood from Tollymore was the preferred material for the interiors of the White Star liners including the ‘Titanic’ which was built in Belfast. This a short (2 min) AV of photos taken along the river. Not intended for competition, although feedback would be welcome on the saturation, I am having problems with my monitor - I think. It looks too saturated on this monitor, but looked Ok when I did it at first on a laptop. Download here (24MB)

Hi Mark,

There is more than the 40 shades of green for me too.

When you sort out your monitor though,would be good to see some more pics added to it.

Post an update so will know when to download it.

Cheers,

Davy

Thanks for the feedback.

My new Pc is one of those all in one jobs. It is a Sony, but basically the monitor is a 24" laptop screen. (VGC-RT1SU). I have just found screen profiles that make things better. I think I will have to re do all the images again. Not a big prob. But thanks for the feedback.

canteau, thank you for taking the time to grab my photo and work on it as you have. It was kind and thoughtful and I must say that I find your version is much much better, sharper and with better contrast overall. I have now gone through each image and reduced the global saturation. The green's were too bright - a 'digital green' folk often say. However; it was raining and the trees and leaves were wet, and with a surprisingly bright (albeit grey) sky the back lit leaves can be rather bright.

Again, thanks for your feedback and support.

Ken, I apologise, when I read your comment above I didn't understand what you meant, it was 3am and I was a bit brain dead ;-)

Now I see what you mean, but no here wasn't any effect applied. It was raining and the river was also getting large drops from the trees. This accounts for the circles on the water.

The Av has been updated to reflect the new slightly desaturated images. Thank you all for your feedback.

Download latest version here

Ken, this was actually a camera club day out. This evening at my camera club other members showed their photos - all very similar - in that the greens appeared far too bright. Some members didn't bring any photos to show they had suffered from what you mention above:

raindrops keep failing on my lens smile.gif

While a lens hood offers some protection, if you are using a ND Grad filter then it attracts raindrops like a magnet!

Hi Mark,

Back down to 40 shades of green.

Much better with this version.

Davy