WnSoft Forums

Displaying on HD TV

David White

I want to display a slideshow on a 16:9 HD TV so that it completely fills the screen.

Up to now I have set all my slide dimensions to 1024x768px (max). I normally display my shows using my laptop computer connected via the 15-pin interconnect cable to an Epson 1024x768px projector. I can also use this cable to connect to the TV and slide shows run quite happily but, of course, with a 4:3 aspect ratio (which I am also able to set the TV to).

Is it possible to produce a slide show (without any video clips) which will exactly fill the HD TV screen? I would like to continue to use the laptop for this but appreciate that even although I can set the screen resolution to 1600x900 the display will not match the screen shape!

Do I need to transfer my slide show to DVD and if so what image size should I choose?

DaveOR

Dave,

You can create shows in PTE at the 1920x1080 resolution of your HD TV.

For absolute best performance the PC/Laptop needs to be connected to the TV via HDMI (or DVI and audio leads). On my SONY TV the VGA input will not allow FULL 1920x1080 resolution - I don't know if this applies to ALL Sony HD TVs. Also the VGA picture on an HD TV is nowhere near the quality available via HDMI.

When connected to the TV via HDMI you will need to set the resolution of your laptop to 1920x1080 and your laptop screen will close down. This is because the laptop will not be able to handle both the 1920x1080 resolution and your laptop's resolution at the same time.

This is my normal mode of operation and next to displaying your show on a colour corrected 1920x1080 (or 1920x1200) monitor connected to your PC is the best quality you will get.

You might have to play around with the colour settings/modes on the TV to get the picture that suits you.

DaveG

I would also suggest that you look into the 5.7 dual display demo. I am also interested in making slide shows in 16:9 and have posted a "Bug/issue" in the new features section on the 5.7 dual display demo.

I am interested in any info on how to set up PTE for 16:9. I am a total newbe to PTE2EXE, in fact I have been waiting for dual display capability prior to buying it. Looks like I will be buying 5.7 as soon as it is released.

DaveOR,

I want to display a slideshow on a 16:9 HD TV so that it completely fills the screen.

Up to now I have set all my slide dimensions to 1024x768px (max). I normally display my shows using my laptop computer connected via the 15-pin interconnect cable to an Epson 1024x768px projector ....

Is it possible to produce a slide show (without any video clips) which will exactly fill the HD TV screen? I

Another option you might want to test ... as per Igor's instructions :

If you don't want to see these black strips and you would like to use all square of your display for a slideshow, use "Pan and Scan" feature of PicturesToExe. Create MyShow.bat file in Notepad and type:

"MyShow.exe" -Cover

It works for all EXE files with slideshows created in version 5.0 and later.

* You can have your slideshow run the "MyShow.exe" -Cover Pan and Scan string-parameter with PTE's Run Application function(s) ... or you can run the newly created .bat file normally all by itself. When using just the Pan and Scan string-parameter in PTE's Run Application function ... theres no need to make or use a .bat file to launch the slideshow.

* Make sure you keep the MyShow.exe file and the MyShow.bat file in the same folder or directory if using bat file to launch.