WnSoft Forums

How Do I Zoom Into a Graphic That is Vanishingly Small

Fried

I've created my first pan and zoom effects. This is going to be so nice! I think I have the hang of how it works. Very nicely done on the UI. :)

QUESTION

Suppose I have a graphic object (like a logo) embedded on an otherwise blank field, created in Illustrator and saved as a GIF. I'd like to create an animation that starts with the logo very small and centered and then zoom in on it until it almost fills the screen.

I made one version that starts with the logo at 50% in size of the desired end size and then applied a 200% zoom. It starts to look a bit fuzzy near the end.

How would you do something like this for a logo that starts at 10-20% of the final intended size?

Your pixel size at the end of the zoom needs to be the same as your screen resolution i.e. if your screen res is 1024x768 and your logo is going to fill the screen it needs to be either 1024 wide or 768 high (100%). The fact that you are having to use 200% is leading to the pixilation.

If you are zooming further then you need a bigger image.

You would probably be better off with a JPEG unless you are using a transparent GIF.

DaveG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Fried

Why not use the text creator in PTE???

Open the picture you want text on, click the icon at the right hand end of the text box, type in your text. Make sure you have set the size & style from the project options/comments tab. You text should now appear on your picture. Click the objects & animations button, click the text on your picture which will put a bounding box around the text, for a first timer, click the +> button bottom right, drag the bounding box so the text fills the screen, click the < button then press play, the text will xoom from the original size to the stretched size. Click the customise slide button and set the time for the zoom. From there it's just a question of refining your tecnique.

Yachtsman1