WnSoft Forums

Adding Time in O&A

Can any of the O&A experts here please tell me if it is possible to insert a period of time, (for example 1 second), at a point in the O&A timeline between key-frames and also to have this change affect all objects equally?

It appears that if 1 second is added to the slide it is always added at the end of the slide. I have 8 objects with many key-frame points on each, (at different time positions), and I wish to add some time between the key-frames at the same point on all objects.

I fear it will be far too difficult a job to move each key-frame on every object. :unsure::(

Can any of the O&A experts here please tell me if it is possible to insert a period of time, (for example 1 second), at a point in the O&A timeline between key-frames and also to have this change affect all objects equally?

It appears that if 1 second is added to the slide it is always added at the end of the slide. I have 8 objects with many key-frame points on each, (at different time positions), and I wish to add some time between the key-frames at the same point on all objects.

I fear it will be far too difficult a job to move each key-frame on every object. :unsure::(

Heya doin jfa ...

Im no Xpert but I think "Scale Keyframes in objects (on time change) within "Customize Slide" might do what i think you want... :)

Hi John,

You can't add time universally (on all slides simultaneously) between any particular keyframes at a particular point without sliding the keyframes individually, but as endevil says, you can use the "scale keyframes in objects on timechange" feature to equally distribute the time and maintain the "relative" relationship between keyframes. This does, however, have to be done on an individual slide by slide basis. You reach this feature by the "customize slide" function.

So in effect, what you are doing in terms of your request is, as an example, adding a second to the display time of the slide and spreading this second equally among the various keyframes. Setting this feature on one object does affect all objectes associated with this slide. That is, if you click on the "scale keyframes" on object four, it will be set for the main slide and all other objects as well.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin and endevil I was afraid that it would not be possible to do. I think you understood my request but if I did not explain it well I have enclosed a print-screen which may explain better.

This may be a useful function to introduce in a future version of PTE, any comments? :unsure:

I guess I will have to bite the bullet and do it the hard way as I don't want to change the timing relationship on the Keyframes. However I did learn something the "Scale Keyframes in objects (on time change)" within "Customize Slide" was a function I did not understand until now, thanks guys. :)

post-3194-1245885002_thumb.jpg

What you want to do is something which has been suggested by theDom in the past and that involves "selecting" multiple keyframes and "moving" them in unison. What the Scale Keyframes feature does is increase the time for the slide and all objects by your chosen time (one second - in this case) but spread that one second evenly among the keyframes so that the relative relationship between keyframes is maintained but increased proportionally to its specific "share" of the one second increase.

If there were a way to select and "lock" the keyframes, then insert a specific amount of time "before" or perhaps after the locked keyframes so they move together and maintain their current absolute time relationships then it would do as you wish. As it is, you would have to move multiple keyframes.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi all,

I posted this request because I had exactly the same kind of problem ( http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=30684 ).

Igor's answer was :

I need time to think about both ideas. Please wait for the Monday or so.

On first look, both things can be easily realized.

=> http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=30745

But Igor didn't specify the year of the Monday he was talking. :lol:

If I remember correctly, somebody posted this request in the "Ideas and suggestion" section too.

I will try to find it and post a "up".

I invite you to do the same. :)

If I remember correctly, somebody posted this request in the "Ideas and suggestion" section too.

I will try to find it and post a "up".

I invite you to do the same. :)

Hi, unless I missed it, there is no request about this subject in the "Ideas and suggestion" section.

That's why I move this topic in this section.

I have now fixed my problem with the long process of moving each keyframe and then adjusting them to get the same relationship.

It would be good to have the function to add a period of time at any selected point in the O&A screen as discussed to fix this problem when it arises.