WnSoft Forums

Icons with Vista (64)

apepper

Hi All,

I'm trying to set a custom icon for my PTE exe; I've created an .ico file and in project properties set that as my icon, but after creating the .EXE I still only see the default PTE icon on the executable.

I'm running PTE 5.6 under Vista (64bit).

Is this a Vista thing or 64 bit thing?!

TIA

-Andrew

Andrew,

Maybe some users with Vista 64bit OS will answer your query.

The IconCache.db file use to be the relevant issue on XP 32Bit and either needed to set to a higher limit or flushed. Sometimes REBOOT would resolve the proper icon display issue. However, XP Windows no longer produces a IconCache.db since several updates ago because of some security issues.

All I can suggest is that you make sure you have not negelected to enable the checkbox - Use Your Own Icon

Another test would be Save the EXE to a totally new Filename than that of your current to see if the proper icon is displayed. If the proper icon displays from this change ... this would suggest to me that Vista 64Bit is using a IconCache.

Icon Cache - Rebuild - Vista Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/117229-i...he-rebuild.html

Andrew,

Do you use at least v5.7 Beta 6?

Please send me this icon file.

Thanks for the reply; I'm using 5.6, but when I went to check the previous suggestion (doing a Create As...), the .exe now had an Icon(!), so it looks like it takes some time before the Icon appears on the .exe file :o .

That sort of solves my problem, although it does seem a little mysterious.

-Andrew