WnSoft Forums

Question about music

Maxis Gamez

Hello,

First, I would like to thank you all for developing a great software. Keep up the good work!

I have a questions regarding music. But first, here is the scenario.

I will have ONE stationary slide that will function as my portal/intro page of my slide show. This slide, will include my name, contact info and so on. I want to play a song that repeats for this slide ONLY before the true slide show begins.

Once I give my introduction to my group, the slide show will begin. I have a total of 40 images that I would love to play with a different song from the portal/intro slide and I would like that song to stop when the last slide ends. I then will move on to the remaining of the slide show with no music using a wireless trigger/remote.

So, just to give you a visual.

Stationary Intro Slide - (Song repeats until I click next slide)> Beginning of 40 images slide show (song - no repeat - stop song at the end of last slide)> remaining of slide show (no song).

Can you guys help me how to do that please?

Thank you very much!

Maxis

www.gvisions.org.

Hi Max,

This is very easy to do.

First you want to create two slideshows. The first consists of your "first slide only" and you set it up as follows:

Main Tab - Project Options:

1. Check by "repeat show until ESC is pressed"

2. Uncheck "Synchronize music and slides"

3. Check "wait for keypress or mouse click to show next slide"

Advanced Tab

1. Check "permit control of show using keyboard"

Music Tab

1. Add your music selection

2. Check "Repeat music after playing"

============================

Click on "Customize Slide Tab

Set the display time for a long period such as 5000 seconds

Go to Objects and Animations

In the "Common tab" set Action on Mouse Click to "Run Slideshow With Return" then navigate to your slideshow to complete the selection.

Save the PTE and create the executable.

Second slideshow. Just set it up any way you wish, but be certain you use the same version of PTE for both the controlling "single slide" show and the second show. Go to the timeline after adding music and click on "Timed Points" "Arrange all Points" and this will spread slides evenly along the music selection.

Opening the first single slide show will cause your image to appear with repeating sound over and over "until" you click the mouse on the image. At that time the second slideshow will open and when the last slide plays out the control will return to the single slide and you will have completed the "loop".

Press ESC to exit...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Max,

This is very easy to do.

First you want to create two slideshows. The first consists of your "first slide only" and you set it up as follows:

Main Tab - Project Options:

1. Check by "repeat show until ESC is pressed"

2. Uncheck "Synchronize music and slides"

3. Check "wait for keypress or mouse click to show next slide"

Advanced Tab

1. Check "permit control of show using keyboard"

Music Tab

1. Add your music selection

2. Check "Repeat music after playing"

============================

Click on "Customize Slide Tab

Set the display time for a long period such as 5000 seconds

Go to Objects and Animations

In the "Common tab" set Action on Mouse Click to "Run Slideshow With Return" then navigate to your slideshow to complete the selection.

Save the PTE and create the executable.

Second slideshow. Just set it up any way you wish, but be certain you use the same version of PTE for both the controlling "single slide" show and the second show. Go to the timeline after adding music and click on "Timed Points" "Arrange all Points" and this will spread slides evenly along the music selection.

Opening the first single slide show will cause your image to appear with repeating sound over and over "until" you click the mouse on the image. At that time the second slideshow will open and when the last slide plays out the control will return to the single slide and you will have completed the "loop".

Press ESC to exit...

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin,

I have been reading your post and I find your tutorials and knowledge terrific. I knew it can be done but was not sure how to approach it. I'll try it and write back if I have any other questions.

Thank you for everything you do. Greatly appreciated!

PS: Your website rocks!