WnSoft Forums

mising files

Mike Reed

Here's a tip

I recently lost my image files or at least PTE could not find them.I used the Windows search facility but this indicated Not found. They were not in the waste bin either. I always put all my files regarding a show into one folder , music ,images , sound effects ie the lot and start by numbering the images 001,002 etc. I eventually did find them but only by luck in that I recalled that one had a specific name that I had not changed to numeric. A search for that name found that, I suppose by finger trouble, I had moved the whole folder into a folder called Binaries. Where that came from heaven knows. So from now on the first slide in any sequence is going to be titled by the sequence name follwed by 001.

Igor much prefer this new style for the forum.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike,

I never change the file name!

The FOLDER name can indicate the subject i.e. Austria 2009. This folder can contain the NEF and JPEG folders and the PTE Project file can go into the JPEG folder along with any sound etc files. All of the JPEGs will have the same file name as the "parent" NEF file with the jpg suffix.

Once the project is finished a TEMPLATE can be created on a backup drive which would then include all of the USED images and sound files.

Changing the file name is not only laborious but can lead to having as many 001.jpeg files on your computer as you have PTE projects.

You only need one unique NEF (or Canon equivalent) and one unique jpg each having the same file name. If you know the name of the "parent" NEF then finding the equivalent jpg is child's play.

IMHO!

DaveG

Mike,

If you are creating a unique folder for your slide shows, why don't you burn that folder to a CD, for use as a backup?

Ron

Good point Ronnie.

I tend to make copies of the EXE files but clearly gamble with the source documents!!! Never again it gave me quite a surprise.