WnSoft Forums

Reflections - using new 3D Transform in Version 6 beta 15

Lin Evans

Here's a sample of one of the things you can do with new Version 6 Beta 15. This entirely done in beta and an actual demo of how you might use this as a real slideshow.

http://www.learntoma...ereflection.zip

Here is a quick demo of using "slices" - this is not meant as a serious slideshow, or even suggesting that you may want to do this with a real slideshow - just a demo of the "possible" with using slices of an image and 3D Transforms. Just fun playing around folks...

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/sample/slidedemo.zip

Lin

Hi Mike,

LOL - I wish! Actually, Mount Evans was named after one of our former governors of Colorado in the 1800's, John Evans, who actually was a relative.

http://en.wikipedia...._%28governor%29

The nice thing about Mount Evans is not only the great wildlife available there (expecially mountain goats) but the fact that it also has the highest paved road in the continental United States on which you can reach an altitude of over 14,000 feet without stepping out of your comfortable vehicle. Once at the road summit of about 14,150 feet, it's a very easy climb to reach the 14,268 foot peak. The entire area has amazing photo opportunities...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Tom,

Most of the modern vehicles with fuel injection do fine at 14,000 feet. Really older vehicles with carburetors which haven't been jetted for altitude run quite rich and blow lots of black smoke, but the vast majority of people driving up Mount Evans have no real issues.

Using lower gears both in automatic and manual transmissions usually can prevent excessive use of brakes. I can actually descend from Mount Evans with my Dodge RAM V10 pickup without ever applying my brakes unless I have to stop for traffic, pedestrians or animals crossing the highway.

Of course supercharged or turbocharged vehicles have no problems at all with the altitude. The road up, with the exception of a couple places where seasonal damage occurs, is quite good. Years ago there was a restaurant called the Crest House at the summit. The propane fuel tank was struck by lightning and the place burned to the ground. They never rebuilt it, but the "ruins" were made into a scenic view area and are frequented by Rocky Mountain Goats today:

Lin

cresthousehistory.jpg

Lin,

Off topic but I've always lived at sea level and always wondered about higher altitudes. Will a regular vehicle run at 14K feet or does it require a turbocharger? It must be hard on brakes going down.

Thanks,

Tom