WnSoft Forums

Flip and Swap

liebgott

Hi Barbars,

Try this:

Make a two slide slidshow. Go to Project Options and click on the the "Effects" tab.

Put a check mark beside "Enable Transitions"

Go to the far right of "Enable Transitions" and click on the little squares and all checkmarks should disappear from the various effects.

Click on O.K.

Go to the Main Screen

Click on the first slide then click on Customize Slide

Click on the Effect Tab

Put a check mark beside Use Own Transition Effect

Scroll down and find "Swap 3D"

Click in the circle beside "Left Right"

Click on O.K.

Repeat this for the second slide exactly.

Run a preview and report back on what effect you see between slides one and two..

Best regards,

Lin

I am unable to use Flip 3D and Swap 3D. Every other transition works. Is there a reason?

Barbara

Barbara,

I've just checked my v6.0 beta15 and it works OK for me. Were you assigning the effect via "Customize Slide"? If so, did you remember to tick the "Use own transition effect" box at the top left of the Effect tab?

regards,

Peter

Hi Barbars,

Try this:

Make a two slide slidshow. Go to Project Options and click on the the "Effects" tab.

Go to the far right of "Enable Transitions" and click on the little squares and all checkmarks should disappear from the various effects.

Click on O.K.

Go to the Main Screen

Click on the Effect Tab

Click on O.K.

Run a preview and report back on what effect you see between slides one and two..

Best regards,

Lin

[/quot

Hi Lin

What you asked me to do was done. There was no difference btw. the first set and the second. It's not as if I have never used these transitions before--I have--but these are the only two which refuse to cooperate. I am beginning to think I have a computer problem but that won't be checked for another few weeks. Thanks to everyone--I shall just have to use other transitions for the show I am producing!

Barbara

Hi Barbars,

Try this:

Click on O.K.

Go to the Main Screen

Click on the Effect Tab

Click on O.K.

Best regards,

Lin

[/quot

Hi Lin

What you asked me to do was done. There was no difference btw. the first set and the second. It's not as if I have never used these transitions before--I have--but these are the only two which refuse to cooperate. I am beginning to think I have a computer problem but that won't be checked for another few weeks. Thanks to everyone--I shall just have to use other transitions for the show I am producing!

Barbara

Lin--I fixed my computer by myself and updated the Nvidia driver and now the GPU works. I believe that was the reason why the two transitions did not work. They work now. Yippee!! I did it myself.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

That's great news - problem solved!

The reason for the explicit instructions was not that you were not familiar with how to choose an effect, but rather to set parameters so that it could be determined precisely the conditions your software was set to, and more specifically, which "effect" you were seeing rather than the 3D effect. For example, were you getting a fade, a quick, no transition, etc., instead of the 3D effect chosen? That way it would be easier to know where to look for the solution.

It sounds like your video card was not actually rendering 3D because of possibly a corrupted driver or 3D not being "enabled". Had you reported a fade transition or a quick, no transition after setting up PTE in the way suggested, then my next suggestion would have been to run "dxdiag" and find out the condition of your video card and driver vis 3D. DXDIAG reveals whether or not 3D acceleration, etc., is "enabled" or "disabled" on your video card. This would probably have led to an understanding of why you couldn't see a 3D effect.

The important thing is that you now can use not only the 3D transitions, but also the 3D transform features in the new beta.

Best regards,

Lin

ame='liebgott' date='22 September 2009 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1253608347' post='69160']

Lin--I fixed my computer by myself and updated the Nvidia driver and now the GPU works. I believe that was the reason why the two transitions did not work. They work now. Yippee!! I did it myself.

Barbara

Lin, thank you so much for the explanation.I work with computers all the time but your explanation makes sense and I appreciate the effort you took to explain it to me. No wonder this forum is so great--with people like you!

Best,

Barbara