WnSoft Forums

[TIP] How to use the forum

fh1805

This is how I use the forum. The method allows me to see quickly the new posts and to skip over the posts that I have no interest in.

I log in to the forum and click on View New Content. This shows me all the topics that have new posts since my last visit to the forum.

I select all those that I wish to read by clicking on the date of the most recent post. Once in the topic I then scroll up and down reading the new content.

When I think I have read all the new posts on all the topics that interest me, I click on View New Content again.

Once I am satisfied that I have read all the topics that interest me, I click on Mark all items as read. This removes all the remaining topics from the View New Content list.

I then quit the forum. Everything is in a clean state ready for my next entry to the forum.

This method works for me. It may work for you too.

regards,

Peter

Great tip, thanks Peter!

As it happens, by odd curiosity (great minds work in the same channels?), our club's Webmaster gave a presentation last night to members on our club's website, and he had exactly the same tip for our website.

I sort of knew about this, but I forgot about it along the way, it's good to be reminded of a simple, painless way to keep in touch on a Forum that you visit regularly without having to scroll through all the sub-forums each time :)

Cheers