WnSoft Forums

Fonts ... are they stored?

mhwarner

I have been using PTE and following this forum (mostly lurking) for several years and I have tried searching, but haven't come up with the answer.

So, am I imaging this (is it wishful thinking) or do I recall that in a revision of PTE somewhere along the line the fonts used for comments actually get stored into the .EXE and are not required to be on a user's machine? Or do I still have to actually create little graphics in the font of my choice and place them on the individual slides as objects if I want to be assured that they will display in the font I have chosen.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

You can use my Font Installer utility. The Readme file was written a long time ago and since then we can run application from a slide. So all you have to do is run the utility on the first slide and the fonts will be installed on user's computer. You will have to include the font file on your CD. you can download it from My Webpage

This utility is only for one font file but I can make a new utility that will install all the font files on your CD to user's computer. I will try to do it tomorrow and when it will be finished I'll post here.

Ok, it's done. See my post: "Fonts Installer - New version"

Granot