WnSoft Forums

Saying hello

Spike

I’m new to this forum and thought I should say hello to everyone first and then see if anyone can help me with a little problem I need solving. So hi to everyone and here is my dilemma.

I have only just discovered PTE through Barry Beckhams magazine article so it is my first attempt at creating a slideshow with PTE and found it a very nice piece of software to use. My problem is I am unable to copy my finished 22Mb slideshow to CD-R discs but it will copy to CD-RW discs.

At copy start-up it begins with the usual copying graphic and progress bar appearing on screen but then no indication of progress is displayed. This goes on for an age and after about 15 minutes my patience runs out so I abort the process. The next step is when I view what is on the disc the file icon is there and looking in properties shows the 22Mb file is on there also but on attempting to run it I get the message ---

Exception EListError in module ClevelandHills.exe at 00070F1F.

List index out of bounds (0).

Can anyone help me sort this out? If so HELP!!!

Spike

Welcome Spike. The error seems to indicate that you have an incomplete copy of the .EXE file on CD.

You may be having trouble because you are trying to copy an application file (.EXE) and Windows treats these specially. Whatever is copying the file may have bugs (or features or functionality differences) in .EXE copying. If your CD-RW is a formatted files CD, that could explain different results between CD-R and CD-RW. Other than that I have no guesses for why CD-R and CD-RW work differently. This may not help, but may be worth a try:

I don't know how you do your copies, in terms of mouse usage. But if you are doing a left mouse copy to the CD drive, you need to hold the Ctrl key down while copying slideshow .EXE files for it to work properly. When you hold down the Ctrl key you can left-mouse copy .EXE files successfully to other locations.

You could also try using other CD recording software on your system, if you have any. Nero and Easy CD are known to work fine.

Welcome Spike,

Knowing what burner program you use may be helpful.

My first guess is that , since you can see the image files on the CDR Disc, is that maybe possible you burned other than a DATA Disc with Joliet File system.

Some users who burn alot of music and also those that use disks esp formated for music ... sometime burn using the wrong the discs,settings, or properties by mistake.

Check your BURN modes, settings and verify proper Disc Type being used.

Thanks folks for your prompt replies to my predicament, they are much appreciated and you have pointed me in the right direction and solved my problem. I had been trying to copy my show onto a formatted CD-R disc and not a blank disc from my desktop using copy & paste and drag & drop without success.

The key to success was to use an unformatted blank disc using the disc copier in Roxio’s Easy CD Creator 5 and copying from my original file on a formatted CD-RW disc which was successfully saved from my desktop! I had tried using the Roxio software several times but made the mistake of using a formatted CD-R disc.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Spike