WnSoft Forums

Frame drag and drop

Using 6.0 beta 18

I have a frame with child objects. I can resize and rotate the frame and the children resize/rotate too.

I want to drag and drop the frame and contents off-centre. When I try to do this, only the first child moves even though the frame is selected.

Is there a frame 'handle' that I am missing?

The manual says: If you add the frame, an

image or a group of images will be dependent on it. It means that a frame will be a parent

and all images inside it will be its children. You can adjust a lot of options: color, opacity,

drop shadow, pan/zoom, size of the frame and so on.

Thanks a lot, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm not 100% clear on what you want to do.

Child objects inherit motion (pan, zoom, rotate) from the parent but they do not inherit opacity or color.

When you say you want to drag and drop the frame and contents "off-centre" is where I loose you. When you say "off-centre" do you mean you want to change the point of center for rotation purposes, etc., or or you trying to move the images themselves up/down or left/right of the center of the display?

If you could explain precisely what it is you are trying to do maybe I could give you some suggestions.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin,

I am working towards making one of your spinning cubes but I want it to 'appear' small from bottom left, say, and grow to full size centred and stopping on a particular face of the cube. So when the sides, top and bottom of the cube are right, I want to drag the controller frame to bottom left and shrink it at the first keyframe. At the last keyframe it will be full size and centred.

Thanks for your help. Jeff

Hi Jeff,

What you need to do then is simply build the cube at the starting keyframe exactly as in my AVI tutorial. This will leave you with a full size cube which can then be sized with the controller frame. This can then be dragged anywhere on or off screen by dragging the controller frame.

Next you would create a keyframe at the time where you want the cube to appear in the center of the screen and drag the cube via the controller frame to that position. Next you would resize the controller frame at that position then for the controller frame only, set the X and Y axis to the number of degrees and direction you want the spin.

Fine tune the position for the stop by incrementing the degrees of X or Y (depending on how you set up the spin) until the proper face of the cube appears centered.

I've made a quick sample you can use as either a template by changing image names or just use it to understand the keyframes. I've made it stop on the chipmunk.

http://www.learntoma...ple/forjeff.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin,

Now I am awake again and you should still be asleep for some hours.

Thank you for your example. I have opened it and it plays as it should. I then wanted to move the small cube at 0:0.0 from bottom left where you had it to top left so I highlight controller in the objects list and highlight the keyframe on the timeline. As soon as I click and drag, only image 6832 moves and not everything in the cube. I tried left-click, right-click, shift-click, ctrl-click and alt-click. As usual, there must be a very simple answer because you moved the cube from centre, where you assembled it, to bottom left.

Edit: I fiddled some more. I can move the cube by inserting new values in the pan blocks for controller - its just the drag and drop that gives trouble.

Thanks again, Jeff

Jeff, to move the cube, be sure to enable the option "Ignore objects not selected" (in O/A window, Tools button at the bottom right.

Then select the "cube controller" in the object list, select a keyframe of this object in the timeline and move the object with your mouse.

Hope it helps.