WnSoft Forums

New User

snapshots photo

I am a new user and have just built my first slide show for photograpic proofing. It was so easy and user friendly. I know it will be a while before I discover all the possiblities with this program.

My question... I am unable to get any music to load. Apparently they aren't .wav files. Is there somewhere on the Internet where FREE downloads of .wav files are available? Or is there a way to convert regular music files to .wav files? I am pretty computer ILLITERATE and had no trouble figuring out the program so far, but the music thing is giving me some cause for frustration.

Where can I get and how do I load .wav files to my computer for this program?

Thanks to all the generous people sharing info on this site!

Please don't degrade yourself. We're just ahead of you in the parade that we're in a position you've never been before.

I don't know how far you've looked into the problem. Among the advice given before here are the ff.(maybe I've miss many more):

1. You may check your Windows volume control for the WAV: The procedure is - press the Windows START Button, press Program Files (that's for Win98) or All Programs (for WinXP), then goto Accessories, Entertainment, and choose Volume Control. If you want a copy of your volume control on the Desktop, you can right click and choose Create a shortcut on Desktop.

2. Now you have to calibrate the slider upward for the WAV, and the main Volume control slider.

The most obvious is to turn the external speaker volume control to high, by turning it clockwise. Or in some other more advance speakers, you have to pull up the volume control slider also.

I have no word about downloading MP3s. Sorry.

I think you are looking for a way to convert your music from cd to put it into PTE? There are several ways to do that. I use a small freeware program called CDEX. You can download it. Start it up and import a whole cd or choose just one track. Then you choose Convert Wav files to Compressed audio files and it converts your cd song to MP3 which is the most used format to put into PTE.

Another program that I use to edit MP3 files, for example when I want 3 songs to be just 1 MP3 is Audacity, also freeware.

Go and try it out. If you have other questions, don't hesitate. People are very helpful here, and I know because this is the first time I give an answer, all my previous mails where questions :P

Marianne