WnSoft Forums

What Happend?

Bert

I have made a PTE show in 6.24 Beta and have the following problem. When I open the file “last recent project” I get a message “Errors Found” within that box also “Pictures not found” and also “Music not found” even as it list the music file.. When I click O.K. PTE opens and all the pictures are in the slide list just as I arranged them in the project. When I click on preview the same error message appears and I cannot play the show. I have made an EXE file of this show already, but just want to change some things now. I have downloaded the final release of PTE 6 and tried if that worked. When I click on the icon to open PTE 6, before it opens I get the same “Errors Found” box and then it opens and shows all the pictures and times in the slide list. Still when I click on preview it shows the “Error pictures not found box”. I had also saved everything as a Zip file within PTE, but when I open the zip file and open the project the same thing happens. I think this all happened after I made the EXE file and then a few days later I made a DVD. When I made the DVD in PTE 6.24 beta, it told me that it had expired. I put in my old DVD deluxe code and could make a DVD but it had a rolling screen with on the bottom text “that it was made with a trial version.

How do I get my project back? 100 slides 11 minutes, only 2 slides with minor zooms.

Windows XP, 3G of ram,

Thanks,

Bert

Bert,

I had also saved everything as a Zip file within PTE, but when I open the zip file and open the project the same thing happens.

First try this:

You say you opened the zip file.

However, did you extract/unzip the contents into a new folder ?

Once you extract the contents of the zip into its own folder ... double-click the .pte project file contained in the extracted contents.

Thanks Nobeefstu,

That worked and I have my project back when I go in tru it that way. Still would like to know why I did and still get the same error message "pictures not found" when I try to open it in PTE"s "Open recent projects".

Bert

Bert,

The file from the Open Recent Project was looking for its images/contents using the last known full file paths it documents internally. If none of the images/contents can be found because they may have been renamed, moved, or missing ... the program always resorts to looking in the relative file path or same directory as the .pte project file.

Since the file from the Open Recent Project does not know where you unzipped/extracted your backup contents ... you have to use the extracted .pte project file.

Its also possible to copy the Open Recent Project file that was used to the folder of the unzipped contents ... but I would be very carefull in this senerio because you may overwite your pte project file with an older saved file. I dont advise using this possibility unless you are absolutely sure of what your doing.

Nobeefstu,

Thanks for your explanetion, I know I did not move or rename the files. The only thing what could have happend is that by making a DVD for the first time, something went wrong even as the DVD came out O.K. I have in the "recent projects" now 2 files with the same name, but one has a 4 digit number attached. The one with the number attached must be the unzipped one and opens in PTE and I can use that now.

Bert