WnSoft Forums

non-synched shows

JRR

I am working on what will prove to be a complex PTE show with links to various other PTE shows.

I normally do synched shows to music or music/narration. this will be the first non-synched with sound clips attached to individual images (not all, but many).

I set up a test show with 8 images. Sound clip attached to #'s 1 & 3. I have the navigation bar set up. (fwd, back, exit, first slide)

When I start the show, the sound clip starts with image one and will cut out if I advance to #2 as expected. Sound clip for #3 starts when I advance to it and stops if I advance to #4 before it is finished. All OK. :)

The same applies backing up, BUT if I back up past #1, #8 comes up on the screen and the sound clip for #1 keeps playing.

1. Should the sound clip not stop playing ?

2. Why am I allowed to back up into the end of the show, from the start of it ? Shouldn't it be set up to not back up past number 1 ?

(See second posting below)

With some help, I have partially solved the above questions.

The sound clips stopped on #2 and #4 because I had forgotten I had the "play new music" ticked on in the music section of the customize slide for #2 and #4.

If the "play new music" was not ticked then it would go on.

Glad I spotted that as it is a useful feature that gives you the option to allow the sound clip to go on to the next image.

I suspect my question #2 suggesting that the shows not be to back up past #1 image might upset some people as taking a feature away, so perhaps the solution is to allow a button to be ticked that would allow the show creator to prevent their viewers from back ing up past #1.

Jim, if you want a sound plays only when a slide is on the screen, the simplest way is to add the sound in "Sound" case under the Slide List.

This way you can also use a normal soundtrack for the whole presentation, and single little files (superimposed) for some pictures.

Wisely, in his French translation, Michel uses "Sound 1" name for soundtrack (in main and customized options), and "Sound 2" for sounds inserted in "Sound" case (strictly connected to a single slide).

Stu, Guido

Thanks

Guido:

Is there any difference between adding the sound in the slot under the slide list, or adding it under the "Customize Slide" and then under the music tab ??

Using the slot under the slide list is certainly faster - I just forgot it was there as I have never used sound clips on a per image basis before.

(I will have to see if the "Play background music" on the PROJECT OPTIONS will stop the sound clip on the indivdual slides if advanced to the next slide (that has not sound clip) before the clip is finished.)

Yes Jim, the sound "in the slot under the slide list" is a sort of second track of the tape, which is mixed with the main track (the soundtrack).

You can place here special transition effects (or spoken comments, or what you like better), and these will be played together with the main track.

On the contrary, a sound file placed in "Music" tab of Customize slide will stop the soundtrack.